Update on Spikey 1-19-07

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just thought I'd give an update on Spikey. He's been nothing but a friend so far, eats well, usually is nice to his tankmate and doesn't touch the plants. No sicknesses, just been heathly thanks to all of you guys who helped me get back into bettas, Thanks

First two are pics of his tank with him and my oto in them. Third and fourth, is that a bubble nest? Or can you not tell? Fifth spikey, sixth my oto.

Video to come soon

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
Spikey is looking wonderful ATM. So too is your tank!!

That does look like a bubble nest to me but the pic is kinda hard to see. Do they look like bubbles in the tank? Maybe look up at the bubblenest...erm, lean over and look up through the tank to the top. See if that helps you identify bubbles.

Golden Fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Looking good as usual ATM! I know nothing of bubble nest sorry.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
There stacked on each other and and I have nothing producing bubbles except my co2 and that makes much smaller bubbles than this, if they are stacked it's a nest right?

thanks Golden Fish and AesSedai for the comments

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
I can't think of anything else it could be ATM.  I'd say he's blowing a bubblenest for you.  

You could try taking another pic but I'd bet at least five bucks it's bubbles

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
atmmachine said:
There's two short videos of him and my betta here, don't bother on the last one
There bad but there from a 10$ digital camera so i can't complain.
I think you bought the same camera I did...from Walgreens? I haven't tried the video feature yet. Going to check out yours.

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I would have to agree.  It looks like a bubble nest to me.  It is much bigger than any my bettas have made for me!    ;D

CherryRose

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Awesome, a healthy and happy betta. Ya bought it at walgreens, pretty good for 10$. Go to AI and hold the button you can get about 24sec. I think. It takes forever to upload on youtube though.

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
ATM can you try that link again. It just brings you to MyVideos and not yours

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
;D I just did a small water change in Barney and Bellle's divided tank. When I did I saw a huge bubble nest on Barneys side of the tank. I don't think it's quite as big as the one you have from Spikey, but it is still awesome. I think Barney must be very happy to share a tank with Belle!

CherryRose

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Or else Barney is getting ready to spawn..... ..... now he has his lady ..... ???

The pictures and video clip are really nice, Austin.

Yes, I am guessing that in the absence of any other thing making bubbles in the tank, he has built you a bubblenest.

Rose

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
Dang...I'm shocked by how good those vid's are ATM. The pics I've taken with it weren't so good so assumed vids were the same. I'll be trying this in the next couple of days.

You did a great job on the videos. Can't help but say it again....both Spikey and your tank are great ATM. Plants look awesome too.

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Spikey is very nice looking and your tank is very well put together. Nice pic's and video.s. Natalie

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok does the link work now, I think I fixed it last night. Thanks for all the nice comments guys, this is by far the most active board LOL. Maybe Barney and Belle should mate and then you can have baby bettas ;D

Thanks about the plants, it will look much better in a month or so once they have filled in more, I think I got the algae in check with all the hornwort you see.

AesSedai it takes a little practice but you should get the hang of it, just read the instructions. It will take you 5-10min. to upload a video to youtube. I have my camera on high resolution so I can only take 20 pics at a time. The viewer also isn't set right so you pics will not be centered, I haven't figured out how to adjust it yet, that's why all my pics are off centered

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
;D If there wasn't so much cost, work, and time involved in raising Bettas, I might give it a try. If a person had the right equipment, and the time it would probably be a lot of fun. As it stands now--No Way! I bet their fry would be adorable though. 8)

With your tank as nice looking as it is now, I can't wait to see what it will look like in another month. ;D

CherryRose

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya I need to get a few more plants too, hopefully the swords willl grow some more and hide the equipment and in a week or two when I have more hornwort I'm going to plant some and put some in my other tank. Spikey absolutely LOVES the hornwort, it's a mini jungle for him to swim through and he can stay by the top to get air too. It's one of the best decorations for betta's in my opinion, it's his favorite thing to swim in.

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
How do you keep your hornwort from shedding? My bettas love it too, but when it sheds it makes a mess. Is it because I don't have the right kind of lights yet? ???

CherryRose

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the camera help ATM. I bet Walgreens sold alot of them lil things. Can't beat the price for sure. If I figure out how to center, I'll let you know and vice versa if you would

I'll remember what you've said about hornwort too. It'll be the first live plant I get. I decided on some silk too so have some of those until the plants can be ordered. One of the silk flowers I got I've seen in quite a few tanks here so thought I'd be a copy cat. Maybe we can start a 'Cute lil maroon, yellow and green silk and live hornwort plants for Bettas' trend

LZ Floyd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Nice setup ATM!  Spikey and the oto look happy, too.

Mike

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom