Update on sick Betta

Susie21663

He seems to be doing a little better since I brought him home 2 days ago. He’s been exploring his tank and using the plants as support to let himself relax. So happy he likes the tank. Still have buoyancy trouble and he fights to go down. It’s been about 48 hours fasting now and doing the 72. Tomorrow should I do only a small amount of pea and then give him only a small amount of pea a day till he’s 100% better, give him a little pea and then fast him again, no pea at all just starting feeding very little? Not sure the best approach some say pea some don’t. He isn’t exactly better but definitely showing signs of improvement!

HolyKamikaziBetta

3 day fast, with epsom salt baths for 10minutes a day for a week.
day 4 you can give him a blanched pea.
you wanna cut the skin off the pea.

Susie21663

Hope you don’t mind but how do you do the epsom salt baths? I’ve seen several different ways with different salt amounts being added. I’ll give him one tonight as long as it can’t harm him. After the pea how often should I be feeding him or just continue to fast? Thank you, I appreciate your advice I’m not 100% sure what to do and the information online is all over the place. The last thing I wanna do is harm him. Rather not play the “well let’s see if this works” game.

Betta'sAnonymous

Daphnia works well as a laxative for bettas. Would be worth finding some in your area.

Susie21663

Thank you! I’ll call around tomorrow!

Top Bottom