Update On Shy Juv Rainbow Cichlid Important

Discussion in 'American Cichlids' started by Frankieflowaz, Apr 23, 2019.

1. FrankieflowazValued MemberMember

Still dont ever come out much unless feeding time since i got a beta 2 days ago and used same backgroumd he was non stop flaring and attacking my black wall (back ground) after seeinf it the next morning today after waking up im convicined it might be the background scaring my cichlid? Took both backgrounds off 20 and 6.5 hope it'll make a difference for the cichlid :( barley see him after month and a half or more of having him/her but the beta seems more calm and swims freely now besides fighting the back so maybe it wasthe black petco background? Not 1st time ive heard of this!! Anyone else?

1556031781288183506650.jpg they still look good IMO 1556031819159929533301.jpg

2. DoughBoy93090Valued MemberMember

If it’s reflective he might be seeing his reflection.

How active in and around the tank are you?

If there’s a lot of movement or rearranging of decor he might be skittish from not being left alone in the new tank.

3. FrankieflowazValued MemberMember

Every day or so i work 5 days a week 8 hours a day i try to be semi active around tank for him to get used to me took off the black background few days ago hes super shy n skittish still but his water is good parameters lol i have changed a few things here n there cause of his shyness and his to be adult size so i did switch some decor n plants out