75 Gallon Tank Update On Redsea 350 Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh195

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hi guys, thought I'd share the bargain I got online today!
I saw a post on my local fish page about 2 black percs, 1 unhappy Lobo coral (had to take it as part of the deal), and numerous riccordias and other mushrooms for $40nzd which works out tobe about $25USD.

It's been a long wait for my 3 month old tank to try and just find cheap deals as it's very expensive here due to imported quarantine and what not! But the tank is slowly getting there. Here's some poor quality pics from my phone for you guys to see any info on the Lobo would be much appreciated!
20181229_220546.jpg
20181229_215729.jpg
20181229_215601.jpg
20181229_215625.jpg

Protim Sarkar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Awesome Tank ! The corals are beautiful !
I have a friend on Youtube who brought a Red Sea 350 Reefer a month ago.

stella1979

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The tank looks great!! Wow, low-quality or not, that pic of 4 clowns and a giant... toadstool?... is gonna stick with me for a while. Just beautiful. Congratulations my friend! You are not the first to share how expensive corals can be way over there. In fact, I was recently talking with an Aussie reefer about how pricey Florida Ricordea Mushrooms and Carribean Rock Flower Anemones are for him... which, go for outlandish prices imo, because of course, I live in Florida where such things are cheap, cheap. Alternatively, the Aussie reefer could get much better prices on corals like Lobos and Scolys because he was much nearer to their natural environments.

The close-up of a mushroom is not actually a Ricordea Floridae but is a Ricordea Yuma. Jealous!! Those guys are indeed pricey for me. Are all the rics you got yumas? If not, please do share a pic of a FL ric, as I'd love to see a little piece of my ocean in a tank on the other side of the world.

Wish I had some experience with lobos and thus, advice to share. General advice with any unhappy coral is to leave it alone, and most important of all, stability, stability, stability. So, try to make sure that salinity, temp, pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium are all staying stable at recommended levels. If there's one basic thing that we can attribute to the happiness of corals, regardless of widely varied species and different care requirements, it's that they all want a stable environment, and will not react well to sudden or major changes. So, it looks like you've got him in a good spot down low in the sand, and honestly, he doesn't look all that mad to me. Also, here's one of my favorite YouTubers talking about lobo care. Hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 33 64.7%

Top Bottom