Update on overstocked 10 gal tank

luluvontepes

after the fish got accustomed to the new rescape, the bullying has ceased, for now, im aware. my husband has agreed to buy me a 5 gal tank to rehouse the guppies. the platies are doing their own things now, and arent chasing each other. the guppies are also really enjoying chewing on the spiky moss i added, and hiding in the tiny cave created by the driftwood.
current stock:
2 highfin platies (male)
2 fancy guppies (male)
3 endlers (male)
1 platinum halfbeak (male)
1 oto cat

after restocking on the 1st of the month:
2 highfin platies
3 endlers
1 halfbeak
2 oto cats

stocking of 5 gal tank (with extra filtration)
2 guppies
1 endler
1 king koopa snail

thanks for everyones input. i really appreciate it. i will post an update in a few weeks with the new 5 gal tank.

Attachments

• IMG_20210107_053722.jpg
    IMG_20210107_053722.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 28

Shrimp42

Honestly I don't see a reason to move the fish. If you up the water changes it should be fine (unless it's a compatibility issue).

luluvontepes

Honestly I don't see a reason to move the fish. If you up the water changes it should be fine (unless it's a compatibility issue).
its not a water issue. its a crowding issue. the guppies and endlers are also inter fighting. i have 5 and will split into 2 groups of 3. basically theres a hiding spot for all but 2 fish so they are always bothering each other for possession of the spot. also all the guppies/endlers and the 2 platies are so active that all together they really bother the oto cat and the halfbeak. i have 2 endlers that are constantly locked in a stare down, so im going to introduce a fresh new endler to try and break up the tension. the 2 guppies and the other endler are their own little clique so they will stay together and be the ones moved to the 5 gal.

Shrimp42

its not a water issue. its a crowding issue. the guppies and endlers are also inter fighting. i have 5 and will split into 2 groups of 3. basically theres a hiding spot for all but 2 fish so they are always bothering each other for possession of the spot. also all the guppies/endlers and the 2 platies are so active that all together they really bother the oto cat and the halfbeak. i have 2 endlers that are constantly locked in a stare down, so im going to introduce a fresh new endler to try and break up the tension. the 2 guppies and the other endler are their own little clique so they will stay together and be the ones moved to the 5 gal.
Do they actually end up wounding each other? Male guppies fight all the time, but as long as no serious damage is being done I wouldn't worry about it. Your choice though, just my opinion on the matter.

luluvontepes

Do they actually end up wounding each other? Male guppies fight all the time, but as long as no serious damage is being done I wouldn't worry about it. Your choice though, just my opinion on the matter.
the two "frenemy" endlers sometimes nip, especially the yellow one, but the trio of guppies/endler dont nip. also the frenemy endlers frequently have their fins clamped. im thinking of moving the two problem endlers to the 5 gal tank with a new endler and scaping it well enough to keep them occupied and see if it helps. ive recently learned from trial and error that aquascaping can make a huge difference in fish life quality. looking good isnt the only thing to think about.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
luluvontepes
  • Question
Replies
Views
BettasAreSuperior
Replies
Views
luluvontepes
Replies