Update On Fry Tank

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Sean P Rooney, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Sean P Rooney New Member Member

So a few months ago I successfully bred celestial pearl danios and had around 14 fry in a 2.5 gallon. They did well for a couple of weeks, but it was my first time trying to raise fry and I didn't really know what I was doing, so the fry didn't make it:(
    I felt really guilty and didn't want to try again just then, but recently I gave it another shot and I have fry now! There are around 8 from what I can count, and that's all I want for now until I can convert my 10 gallon tank into a fry tank. I also moved my amano shrimp in there just to help prevent over feeding, which was my mistake last time, but I am feeding a lot less now and if the shrimp isnt getting enough food I will dedicated feed it. I'm feeling pretty confident this time and I'm looking forward to raising the fry! I'll attach a picture of the tank as well as a contraption I made in around 10 minutes to allow me to do water changes without worrying about fry getting sucked up.

Attached Files:

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Congrats on the fry hope they do well for you this time :)

3. kallililly1973 Well Known Member Member

Nice job! Congrats on the new batch of fry hope they work out for you this time :):)
    Edit: a turkey baster works well in fry tanks to spot remove any waste also. Just a thought. They're very cheap and have a lot of great uses!!