Update on Donnie's fin problem

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by marina3, Mar 23, 2010.

1. m

marina3 Valued Member Member

Hey guys! Just a litlle update on that thread about Donnie's fin maybe getting savered by the platic plant? I did removed it and I finally can see some improvement...like somebody told me here, the new fin will grow red, so is funny to see his blue color and then the red from the new growth... I also ordered that VitaChem I hear so much good about...I just received it in the mail so I can't wait to give it to the boys at home...The one at work already enjoyed his palletes moisten in VitaChem. Yum-yum!!!

Attached Files:

2. outlaw

outlaw Well Known Member Member

Good to hear! and that is a cool contrast of the 2 colors, gives a purple-ish tint to it too.

3. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

Congrats, good to hear he is healing.

4. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Congrats, hope he gets better soon!

5. OP
    OP
    m

Thank guys...I am so glad I have you all to share...:;hug2

6. jerilovesfrogs

jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

i'm using vita-chem and it has helped with a little bit of new growth. i'm not able to soak one of my bettas pellets in it....he rejects it. i have to drop it in the water. a couple drops/2.5g. he also rejected garlic on a pellet. my other betta seemed interested in the garlic though. i'll have to try vita-chem on his pellet and see. glad to hear your boy has had some regrowth! :;bn

7. OP
    OP
    m

Pickie pickie boys you have!!! Mine are piggies hehehe...I just got VitaChem shipped to me and soaked some pellets and no problems there!!! They just want to eat! Hahaha...but I love them...specially when my hand gets "nibbled"...so cute!!! :;tea

8. jerilovesfrogs

yes, freddie is pretty picky and has been that way since i've had him (jan). i put my finger in once, and he nibbled it just a little and it scared him and he swam away fast!

the other betta, finn, i've only had a few days. he's a rescue from walmart who was in with bala sharks and had very few of his fins left. i'm not too sure about his food habit quite yet....but he appears to be less picky than freddie. :;jk

9. OP
    OP
    m

hey kate,

Hi!! I havea question about VitaChem...the instructions say 1 drop per gallonone a week...Do you add the drop/s when you change the water? Do you add the drops according to how many gallons you change or the total amount of gallons the tank holds? I am asking because my 3 bettas are in a 10 gallon divided tank.

10. jerilovesfrogs

hi marina (not sure of your name) haha.......yes directions do say 1 drop per gallon per week. for fish that are fin-injured, someone (forget who) told me a couple drops (i have a 2.5g) every day until there is some good regrowth, then it can be cut down to less. if you have a 10g....and only one fish is affected?

i'm not exactly sure what a divided tank means in terms of sharing water....i assume they do. but of course the others would benefit anyway. but i guess in donnie's part of the tank, drop in 2-3......i try to do it directly over freddie and finn.....i'm convinced they'll absorb more of it that way haha. :p

i just looked at some of your pics....donnie looks like freddie's brother! i guess that color veil tail is common huh.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  11. Deeps

Deeps Valued Member Member

Cool... Good to hear that he is healing.... hoping for a speedy complete recovery..:)

12. Tigerfishy

I would add as jerilovesfrogs said, 1 drop per gallon with each water change, and if there is someone with a finny problem, add 2-3 drops every day to the whole tank. It will not harm the others to have this put in. It's like liquid nutrients and will be absolutely fine until the fins are back!
    I have a long finned danio growing back an entire tail at the moment, and I have been adding it every day for about a month now. It has been fine, and as my male guppy loves to split his tail fin, it helps him out when he has done that

13. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Marina,

You have a beautiful betta there! I'm glad to hear that things are improving.

Ken

14. jerilovesfrogs

i concur with tigerfishy lol, in addition to using 2-3 drops a day, the one drop with each water change is good. i've only had my rescued betta,finn, several days....his fins were very nipped away from bala sharks.....and only in that time, with clean water and vita-chem, i see new growth! i think it must be a really great product :) i have pics, that i can't get up cos i don't know how.....i'm technologically challenged, but post yours!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  15. OP
    OP
    m

Hi guys :;hi1 Thank you for your responses!

Jerilovesfrogs, Yes, my name is Marina :) and thank you for your response! I am attaching a picture of a divided tank so you can see it (double click on the picture so you can see it larger size-Donnie is in the middle), and I will start adding the drops daily to the tank, I figured that if VitaChem is a vitamin, it has to be good for the other 2 bettas although their fins are not damaged! I added a drop of it to the new water (water change) last night. Donnie is doing pretty good, since the picture I posted here, he has more regrowth so is nice to see. I also soak their pellets in VitaChem...I believe in vitamins!!! Hey, I can send you instructions on how to post pictures, I am not very "technical" neither, but this is not too hard...may I send you a PM?

Tigerfishy, I am glad your danio is responding well to this product...is so exciting to see PROGRESS ah?

Thank you ALL for your nice comments...I love it here!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  16. Tigerfishy

No probs marina, love your tank too, it's been done very well.

I'll need to get some pics of Finny as I call him (I know, original!). It started as barely even a sliver of a stump, but now he has something that actually looks like a tail!

I'll get a before, a disaster and an after!

17. OP
    OP
    m

yeah Tigerfishy!! Pictures speak for themselves, right? Post, post, post!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice