Update on Coralife Biocube 29 gallon planted tank

1. dbeatty1954 Initiate Member

Well, it has been a week and a half since I converted my Coralife 29 gallon Biocube. Things have been going well up to today. Wife called me at work this morning and said aquarium cracked. Yep less than two years old and front corner of aquarium cracked. She was able to save the fish and plants, but I had to scramble for another aquarium. See picture of Biocube below. I know it can happen but I didn't expect it.

Biocube Crack.jpg

Well here is the replacement. 75 Gallon with the Current USA Freshwater LED + light. Scrambled to get tank put together and get the fish and plants back in. Hope to have better luck with this one. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

New 75 Gallon Aquarium.jpg :;fru:;fru

2. dcutl002 Well Known Member Member

I like it! maybe add some driftwood and/or rocks...otherwise it's good. The plants will fill in over time. Is the light just on one side?

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Bummer. Good thing your wife was home and knew what to do.

4. dbeatty1954 Initiate Member

I do have a small piece of driftwood with a couple of Anubias attached, but no rocks yet. In that picture the light is not on. I will post another picture with lights on shortly. The light fixture is the Current USA Satellite + Freshwater LED 48-60 inch fixture. Looks good.

5. dcutl002 Well Known Member Member

Cool. I can't wait to see it.

6. dbeatty1954 Initiate Member

[​IMG]

Here you go just tested water and an updated picture.

7. dcutl002 Well Known Member Member

I like it. I am not sure what the foreground plants are, but it looks like a good start. The light has a good color...nice and bright. I never had Current -USA before, but it looks like a quality beam.

8. dbeatty1954 Initiate Member

The front plants are repens. The light fixture at my lfs is about $129 I think, mine came as a package. I need to get some scavengers to clean up old food and some sort of an algae eater. Not much algae right now, but I am sure there will be some. Do you use tap water or rodi water? LFS recommends rodi. Thinking about getting a rodi system for here at the house as the LFS is about an hour away.

9. dcutl002 Well Known Member Member

No. I use tap water. I change 50% every week whether the nitrates are high or not because the plants absorb minerals in the tap water. The plants actually need those minerals from what I hear from the "planted tank" experts.

10. dbeatty1954 Initiate Member

[​IMG]

Well another trip to Tampa to the fish store. Added another piece of driftwood, additional plants and more fish. Added 4 more danios, 10 neon tetras, 4 guppies, 3 Cory cats and a half dozen snails. Let's see what happens now. Did a water change with 10 gallons of reverse osmosis water to help with pH and hardness.