Update on Burt

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I just thought I'd give a quick update on Burt. He is doing well. I thought that he may have been a little lonely w/o his companion Ernie, but I guess not. I found him this morning when I woke up munching on one of the wafer's I had dropped in there yesterday when I put him in the hosp. tank. So, I guess he's not such a picky eater after all and it was just Ernie getting to the food before him. If he recovers and gains some weight back I'll have to keep a close eye on him when he's back in with Royell and Ernie because I don't want him to have to go through this starving bit again.Although, now that Royell is in there he might have more of a chance to eat with Royell's left over's and all, plus they will be in hiding most of the day and I probably will start feeding them at night so that Royell doesn't eat their food so much. Natalie

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Burt is still doing good. He hasn't eaten the other wafer yet or left over pea that I threw in there, but he's been cleaning up everything else. Hopefully this is a good sign and once I see his belly grow fat and round I'll stick him back in the other tank. He's already starting to look better.Natalie

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
This is how Tuck was for a long time and it is funny, he never got sociable with any of the other fish. You may have a loner on your hands. It does not happen often in fish of this nature but when it does they are really not good about other fish. He may never accept Ernie but he will get to the place that he eats when the food is available. I am really glad to hear that he is putting on a bit of meat on his little bones.

Rose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
He actually get's along with Ernie really well.They'll chase each other around once in awhile. It wasn't until recently that Burt just decided to stop eating the food I was putting in there for some reason, but I know that as soon Ernie sees it too he goes after it and sits on it until it's gone. Who knows. Hopefuly everyone will get along once they are all in there again. Natalie

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would divide the wafer and put it at two areas of the tank. Ernie cannot sit on them both. At least they get along.

Rose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah I can try that. Although I did try putting 2 wafer's in there once. I put one up front and one towards the back where Burt usually hangs out a lot and Ernie still managed to find it. ??? Natalie

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He sounds like Dennis the Menace, cute but oh so mischieveous.

Rose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah that he is. I saw Burt eating another wafer this morning in the hosp. tank. As long as he keeps eating like this and develops a little belly he should be back in the other tank in no time. Natalie

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Burt is looking a 100% better now. I am so glad that I decided to put him in the hosp. tank. If I didn't I think he might've been dead by now. His belly is starting to look more rounded now. I think I will give him 1 more day and let him eat th other wafer that's in there. He's been chowing them down non stop for the past 2 days now. ;D Natalie

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
;D Good for him.

Rose
;D

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well Burt is back in the 5 gallon. I did a water change in the 3 gallon and I'm going to put Royell back in there because I think he is constipated. Natalie

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom