Update on Angel eggs

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by genie, Mar 27, 2010.

1. genie

genieWell Known MemberMember

well only 3 eggs turned white, so I guess the boy fish did his part, and is in fact a boy... Ha ha.

I am taking back the Killifish today so the babies have a better chance to survive. That only leaves the red eye tetras, ghost shrimp and a very small clown pleco to contend with. Not great odds I know, but being as unprepared as I was, its the best I can do. I guess I wont be adding a GBR anytime soon though!

What do you all do with your fishy babies when you don't want to keep them?

2. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

It usually takes about three months to get them to the size the LFS will take them and that's whart I do with a few of them. Otherwise other hobbyist buy them.
    Carol

3. OP
    OP
    genie

Well most of the eggs turned white after 48 hours, and the parents ate them all... no babies for now. Probably for the best at the moment. Thanks for everyone's help!!

4. btate617

btate617Well Known MemberMember

So do you know now if they are in fact male/female?

5. OP
    OP
    genie

I am still pretty sure it is a pair. Their anatomy appears different, and I think that within 24 hours if the eggs were un-fertilized they would have turned white... it took more than 48 for them to turn and not all of them did turn, they just got eaten.

6. navyscuba

navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

That will happen 2 or 3 times till the male gets the idea of what to do. :;th

7. OP
    OP
    genie

well lets hope they realize that they are fish and not bunnies.... I can't handle too many babies.:;smack

8. navyscuba

navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

Mine can spawn and have wigglers and lay eggs again if I take the others out so be prepared. :;laughing

9. ldbrown3138

ldbrown3138Valued MemberMember

Angels will spawn every 2 weeks given the right conditions.

10. TedsTank

TedsTankWell Known MemberMember

OH Yes about every 2 weeks if you take the fry out. I gave my breeding pair away.....felt bad for all those babies, and didn't want the other fish so stressed when the angels spawned!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice