Update on 7.5gal tank

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I still have all 5 guppies in the tank and they are doing great. As I put Bruno in the tank 3 days after the others, he took a while to settle down, and at first was being chased by the others, but now they have settled down and they are all getting along fine. 

I have had them for 1 week 5 days. It will be 2 weeks on wednesday. I'm so glad they are OK, and they have to be my favorite fish now. I can sit down for hours just watching them.  They are quite greedy though.  Whenever I get near the tank they shoot to the top thinking I'm going to feed them. Whenever I open the cupboard on the stand they shoot to the top too. I think it's because they know that is where the food comes from.

When I bought them Spike Lee's fins were all torn, and for the first week I put in Melafix then did a water change. His fins are now as good as new, and the colour of them has become a nice dark blue, where before his colour was a pale blue. He looks so pretty now. 

Bruno's fins are more of a brown than a blue, but I think that is just his colour, because he seems fine. The others, Joe, Junior and Sam are doing brilliantly, and it is just funny to watch these 3 following each other around the tank. They never leave each others sides. 

I want to put Mo (my panda cory) in the tank. I was told to put him in after Quarantining the guppies for 2 weeks (which will be on Wednesday). Can I add him to the tank on Thursday?

Thanks

Gwenz

P.S.- I want to thank everyone who helped me set up this tank. Carol, Rose, you were a great help. I don't know what I would have done without you two.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I do not see a problem with that as long as everything is okay and everyone remains healthy. Bruno hasn't been quite as long as the others but he seems to be doing fine and you would have noticed if he had something I would think. Or is it 2 weeks since you got him. Time is going so fast lately I cannot keep track of how long it has been. Anyway I am thrilled that everyone is doing great and that you love them and they obviously love you. I think it is really cute that they have already learned the "food routine".

Rose

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your such a good mommy Gwenz! I think Mo can join his new family now
It doen't take them long to learn who feeds them does it?
Carol

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
No, it doesn't. They got a bit confused this morning. as I had to go to school and had to feed them a lot earlier than I usualy would have (8:00am instead of 10:00am), but seem fine, just a little hungary when I got back. (4:00pm)

I will add Mo to the tank tommorrow. I will have to acclimite him like I did with the others won't I? (I know the answer is probably 'yes', just making sure ).

Thanks

Gwenz

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You could acclimate him if the temp is different. Otherwise the water should be pretty much the same from his tank to to the other.
Carol

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I keep all my tanks pretty much the same temperature and so there is no reason why I have to acclimate if I am moving one from one tank to another for some reason.  The only reason I do so is if I am moving to a tank that is being treated for Ich. (Like if I have a second fish come down with it - only happened once thankfully)

Rose

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
OK thanks, but somehow, and I don't know why, but Mo died this morning, so the guppies will still be in the tank by themselves. :'(

Gwenz

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh my goodness, Gwenz :'( :'(! I am so sorry!! I cannot imagine what was the problem with him. If there is anything I can do please let me know. You know you have my deepest sympathies.

I hope you are okay. Please let me know.

Rose
:'(

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rose, you are a great friend. I realy don't know what happened.

I just wrote another post about it:

Gwenan (Gwenz)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom