Update: Now We're Bloated :(

tunafax

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Every time I get a new goldie, I swear... :banghead:

After beating columnaris my new goldie developed a bloat for the last few days. This fish has been bottom sitting a lot ever since I got it, but bloat is relatively new. When eating, it also parks on the bottom and chews for a few minutes, 1 pallet at a time.

Bloat feels very soft.

I hope it's a constipated boy and not an eggbound girl cause I have no idea how to deal with the latter. :nailbiting: Forgot to mention the butt looks like s/he laid eggs though, but never seen any eggs and don't think they were eaten.

In epsom salt bath now.

Any ideas?

Attachments

tunafax

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok now I'm thinking she wants to spawn.

But at the same time she's bottom-sitting and still 10 days away from completing her QT so IDK.

Should I drop a male in there...

Skye_marilyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
tunafax said:
Ok now I'm thinking she wants to spawn.

But at the same time she's bottom-sitting and still 10 days away from completing her QT so IDK.

Should I drop a male in there...
Hmm...what will you do with the eggs if she does decide to spawn? Also she may still have something so you could be endangering a second goldfish. It’s something you have to think on...

Whitewolf

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They are tough fish they get bloated alot. Lots of greens (if not nothing but greens) and if you do use pellets, soak them first from now on.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom