//update//fish Floating Upside Down Cant Swim

Yuri

Not sure if right tag, if u go through my last thread, I noticed one of my Harlequin Rasbora s had a faded triangle and etc. Now he's upside down, can't swim and he's struggling to breath. when I searched the closest thing I can find is swim bladder but the only symptoms he has is not able to swim. I doubt he'll survive long, and I can't think of anything to do.
EDIT: Wrote the top in confusion and panic. Heres it hopefully explained better.
This morning I noticed a Harlequin Rasbora I've only owned for under 24hrs dead. I didn't think much, could of been stressed, had problems beforehand, etc. Although later that day, I noticed one of the new Harlequin Rasbora's was swimming less, they looked pale and stunned like as if they were stuck in sleeping mode. About half an hour later, came back, it was almost dead. Upside down, gills flaring, mouth opening and closing, moved him out, and placed him in the bag from the petstore. A few hours later, another fish is showing the same symptoms. So I do the same thing (with a different bag,).
Gh-120
Kh-120
Ph- 7.0
Nitrate-20
Nitrite-0
Temp at 25c,75f
The rest of the Harlequin swim around and act normal. Although, it seems it happens out of nowhere, with the only symtons being pale and stunned and it seems they swim less and just give up/lose control of their swimming. Anyone know what's going on?

RSababady

Check your water parameters.
Are any other fish behaving in a similar manner?

Yuri

Check your water parameters.
Are any other fish behaving in a similar manner?
Gh-120
Kh-120
Ph- 7.0
Nitrate-20
Nitrite-0
Temp at 25c,75f
The rest of the Harlequin swim around and act normal. Although, it seems it happens out of nowhere, another one started acting like it too. It seems they swim less and just give up/lost control of their swimming, both sick ones are still moving gills and mouths though.

Buganjimo

Is their poop normal? They might have internal parasites (maybe?). I would quarantine the affected ones asap

Yuri

Is their poop normal? They might have internal parasites (maybe?). I would quarantine the affected ones asap
I've had them for about a day now, haven't seen any poop yet. I'll watch tho

RSababady

Gh-120
Kh-120
Ph- 7.0
Nitrate-20
Nitrite-0
Temp at 25c,75f
The rest of the Harlequin swim around and act normal. Although, it seems it happens out of nowhere, another one started acting like it too. It seems they swim less and just give up/lost control of their swimming, both sick ones are still moving gills and mouths though.
What about ammonia - have you tested for it?
Sounds like something is affecting them in the tank water - not that they are sick.
Either high ammonia that is poisoning the fish or shock due to differences in the hardness of the water (what water were they in before they got into your tank?).

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JuDom
Replies
Views
pattersonbear
Replies
Views
Mary765
Replies
Views