*** Update***aquatic Arts Review

1. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

I have to say that I am a bit underwhelmed in the quality of the plants that I received today. I ordered 2 baby tears ( Hemianthus micranthemoides) and 3 Hairgrass plants.
    When I opened the plastic container of the baby tears a rotted smell came along with it. They were also a really light green and when I put into tank a good part of the plant melted as I put it in tank. The hairgrass, while it appears much more healthy then the baby tears, was mush on the ends from rot.
    These are the first plants I have put in my tank so far, still haven't received the bulk of my plants yet from Arizona Gardens... so my tank is still not yet put together. But, I am attaching a couple pics to show you.
    I doubt I will order from them again. 97c09d28ae2bb75e39006f6bca9372ec.jpg 7e32894bb8a5d562effcb92eb7cee773.jpg

2. hattie Member Member

Their fish are great and so is there customer service! I have ordered from them twice. If I were you I would contact them and tell them about your plants.

3. BeanFish Well Known Member Member

No experience ordering online but yeah, the plants do look rough. The hairgrass is semi-decent for me but the baby tears are definitely poop. Those 2 plants need CO2 to carpet well tho, are you gonna use CO2?
    I would definitely call them and ask for a refund.

4. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

No, no Co2. I probably got the wrong plants to begin with.
    It is not necessary that they carpet, but will they even live without Co2?
    I will call them in morning about the baby tears, the other ones are okay, after I cut the slimy mold off of the plants.

5. BeanFish Well Known Member Member

I havent delved much into those plants because whenever I hear "pressurized CO2" I just run away but I think dwarf hair grass could live with enough light and ferts. Of course if you want that horizontal growth you need high light and preferably CO2.
    As for the baby tears, Im not so sure to be honest. Last time I read about them they were supposedly slow growers so with no CO2 they are turtles, but I think it may survive with just light and nutrients. If you can I would change it for another plant tho.

6. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Thanks I will change them out for something that is less finicky. I wont be buying from them again, that's for sure. They were a rotten mess.

7. jmaldo Well Known Member Member

Thanks for the heads up. I have heard good and bad. As mentioned contact them and share it. It would be helpful to skeptical buyers like myself.

8. OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

Definitely contact them. Those plants are very weak.

9. BeanFish Well Known Member Member

While I dont ship out plants I have read about it and it may not be their fault. If I sold plants and they came in that condition I would definitely refund the customer inmediatly, either by gifting them plants and resending those for free (shipping costs on the customer tho) or by just refunding everything altogether. Sometimes the package is treated roughly, or they sit longer than they should in a hot room etc...
    Even the best sources can have unlucky shipments but only the best places will give you superb customer service and leave you happy. I would treat this situation with an open mind, maybe they arent bad after all and offer you great customer service and a happy ending , or maybe they indeed suck, we dont know.

10. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

You are right- I will call them with an open mind- thank you for reminding me of that, my friend.

11. BeanFish Well Known Member Member

Are we friends now? :)

12. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

You are my bestest.

13. ashenwelt Well Known Member Member

The biggest problem I see in aquarium plants is that most are grown emmersed and not immersed. The second is that companies immediately immerse them and hope for the best. These two plants are common with this style of problem.

Oh and baby tears will grow tall without CO2 but should be do able.

Please let us know how the call goes!

14. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

*** Update***
    Aquatic Arts responded promptly to my email (within 12 hours) for a replacement on my plants. They apologized for the inconvenience and quickly asked me what plants I would prefer for replacements.
    It is times like these that you find out the integrity of a company, by how well they respond to issues. I can say now that if given the chance, I would order from them agaiin because of excellent customer service. :)

15. James17 Well Known Member Member

I've ordered plants at least three times from them and received just beautiful plants, I have not ordered from anyone with this kind of heat, I'm afraid too.

16. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

Didn't even cross my mind. But, then again, Ive never ordered plants online. I figured if they were shipping plants this time of year to California, they had a method to do so.

17. Discusluv Well Known Member Member

IMG_0621.JPG IMG_0619.JPG Pictures of my replacement plants from Aquatic Arts.
    I am only half done with my re-scape of the 30 gallon for my corydorus duplicareous , waiting for more plants from AZ Gardens. The large swords will be relocated to the discus tank, they are just temporarily waiting in here until I get everything ready in that tank.