up up and away. time to stock up and move in!

dazzler

Valued Member
Reaction score
well its nearly all done, my cycle, that is. so i have been bashing the internet for stocking ideas. now we dont get all the fish you lucky devils do in the u.s.(due to quarintine)but we do have some awsome australian natives!! and i have a list of the following
serpae tetra x 5
rosy barb x 6
harelquin rasbora x 6
zebra danio x 5
dwarf gourami x 2
cherry barb x 6
i have roughly 60inches of full size fish in a 67 gallon tank. this is a basic run down of what i would like. if i could it says they can shoal in 5's i would like too. which order do i add them into my new tank. i will only be putting 3 in a week does this pose a problem with the schooling fish. are there any definite no-nos here or variations you may have thought of

your words of wisdom are greatly welcomed

kind regards azzler

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
wow , im no fish expert but those would look so good in little schools. IT seems you did it perfectly. If i had a tank that big i would love to fill it with dwarf gauriami's and their beautiful colours. I love those fish. That would look so pretty poat pictures when your done

dazzler

Valued Member
Reaction score
oh i will you better believe it. it will take 9 weeks to fully stock. i hope i got my list right

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
oo.i know i sound weird cuz this is all im talking about, but im sick and have nothing else to do in bed but watch my fish and use my computer. Why not look into getting a discus cichild, they're so cool looking, but thats about all i know..lol

JMatt1983

Valued Member
Reaction score
actually, with that setup you would be a little bit over stocked, th total of your fish is 71.5", other than that, the only thing I'd be watchful is the dwarfs, as they ca be aggressive towards each other, especially if there are 2 males

dazzler

Valued Member
Reaction score
jmatt, thanks. alll the fish i have schooling would they be fine in group of five. seems i will have to drop 1 dwarf gourami from my list. otherwise i gather it looks fine.

thanks jmatt
regards Dazzler

JMatt1983

Valued Member
Reaction score
a lot of fish store will only sell te dwarfs in pairs, but yes, your schooling fish would be alright in groups of 5, so really, if you dropped one rosy barb, you lose 4 inches off your total length of fish, but you can get away with the setup you have choosen, just have to keep up with the water changes and other maintenence

dazzler

Valued Member
Reaction score
ah nice one,i really dont want to breed any of the above fish. if they do breed do i just let the otherfish eat the eggs. and sccop out the remaining... or .... actually i have no idea ;D

regards Dazzler

JMatt1983

Valued Member
Reaction score
yea, fry take a lot of work, with removing the adults and what not, if my platies ever have fry, i'll just let nature take its course

dazzler

Valued Member
Reaction score
i think i might change some fish around and slip an oto in there might want a natural fish hoover in there helping me clean up. and i wont have to pay him just the occasional wafer. how cheap is that!!!.....can they live on their own or do i need a pair???

regards Dazzler

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom