up to date status of Hermit Crabs (for those who wanted to know) :-D

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hey all,

I know I said I would make this thread a long time ago, but I've been busy with school!! Anyway my terrestial hermits are awesome since you can't make it rain in your Crabatate (crab habate) you have to bathe them about once a week...I have four in an empty aquarium that I got a while back and was wondering what I should add...well I get Kantanshi my friendly little one bathed, Hermies wasn't too bad either, then there was Bubbles (Don't ask my finacee named him!) he took a little bit to come out but he finally came out of his shell and is my most friendly hermit, Then there was the total pain the butt Grumpy (I'll explain why I call him that) He refused to come out of his shell, I tried misting him with water, I even tried to stroke his claw to get his curriousity up and nothing would get him to come out of his already too small shell! As I stroked his claw, I got too close to the opening and he pinched me HARD took me about 20 minutes to get him off my finger!! Towards the end of this whole issue, I called my LFS where I had gotten them and someone told me to pour some salt water on him "Hermit crabs hate that..." Yeah they do hate it infact they hate it so much he grabbed my finger even harder!!! then for no rythm or reason he just let go and remained in his shell don't know why he is so grumpy but he is!!! anyway for those of you who also have hermies feel free to post and tell me any stories you have of them!!

~Inari

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
wow, that stinks

do you have any pictures of them

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I'm working on getting some picks of my problem children as well as my fish tanks lol my camera link and computer both hate me with a passion :-D anyway for the most part I'm working on getting the pics of them and I will post them ASAP I'll keep everyone updated!!

~inari

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I've got some pics of my Hermies for everyone to see some refuse to come out of their shells but hey that is where the name hermit comes from right anyway I will keep you posted on them I had one shell swap they are a real riot to watch when i get back from class. anway I'll try to get those pics up soon

~inari

PS anyone tell me how to search a thread so that i don't have to spend hrs on end looking for this one to update ???

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Good job and nice crab.  Try this by using the advanced search options, make sure you don't check any Saltwater boards, they have hermit crabs also. make sure you use your name in the user, comes up first for me

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
thanx ATM I didn't know about the name thing hehe thanx

~Inari

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom