Funny Unwinnable battles

smee82

The last few days ive had to deal with a lot of garbage with my in laws so I'm creating a thread for as to complain about inlaws, wifes and husbands, parents or kids or whoevere it is in your life that you really wish you could wack upside the head.

A few day ago my wife decided to tell her mum we are looking at buying a motel.

Wife: we are thinking about buying a motel in australia
MIL: No
Me:what
MIL:I won't support you
Wife: we don't want any support
MIL: you still cant.
Me: what
MIL: I forbid it
20min later
MIL: you don't love me your abandoning me.
That was the end of that

Later that day after her father came and we were having dinner.
Wife: we want to buy a motel.
FIL: no
Wife: why
FIL:because I said
Wife:we want to
FIL: you didnt tell me you wanted to before you got married.
FIL:I don't agree that you married my daughter
Me: ummm we're already married.
It Never got any better

Couple of days later.
FIL: I Want to take your daughter for a walk
Wife: ok but keep her away from ither people and don't let her play with other kids.

20min later I go and hang up some clothes in the balcony and see the 2 of them outside the window and he is making her hug some random little boy and his mother and grandmother. I told him to come home through the window.

FIL:what
Me: what were you doing
FIL: I wasn't doing anything.
Wife: I told you not to let her play with other kids and to keep her away with other people.
FIL:but I wanted too.
Me: you were told not to.
FIL: If there's no me there's no wife and then there's no daughter.
FIL:you don't respect me
FIL: I brought you groceries.
FIl: You can't stop stop me from what I want because I'm older then you.
The conversation from that point on with my father in law yelling and screaming for 20min until they stormed out with both of them claiming we are evil heartless kids that don't respect or care about anyone else and it doesn't matter what he did because his older then us and we should let him do whatever he want.

MacZ

This is almost 1:1 the stereotype of chinese in-laws some friends explained to me. I would never have thought this is actually a thing.

mimo91088

I feel your pain buddy. I never understand how some people think.

With my son being home from school, my ex works from home and it's rough on her. So I called her and offered to take him several days during the week to help out. I ended up getting yelled at for being "condescending" because I had the gall to ask her to meet me halfway when I pick him up (she lives over an hour away). Apparently I'm a you know what for making her lose an hour of work, when I'm giving her like multiple 24 hour days she otherwise wouldn't have had to herself. -shrug-

smee82

MacZ said:
This is almost 1:1 the stereotype of chinese in-laws some friends explained to me. I would never have thought this is actually a thing.
Trust me whatever youve heard its 10 times worse. That was a condensed version the actual convo involved a lot more emotional blackmail towards my wife. Other then the last one I didn't really get involved and let her deal with her parents.

mimo91088 said:
I feel your pain buddy. I never understand how some people think.

With my son being home from school, my ex works from home and it's rough on her. So I called her and offered to take him several days during the week to help out. I ended up getting yelled at for being "condescending" because I had the gall to ask her to meet me halfway when I pick him up (she lives over an hour away). Apparently I'm a you know what for making her lose an hour of work, when I'm giving her like multiple 24 hour days she otherwise wouldn't have had to herself. -shrug-
Ive known people like that. I was trying to give a cousin some old furniture for my grandparents and I'm about 2 hrs from them and hes another 3 hrs from my place so I offered to pick it up when I was down visiting them as a favour for them as I can't stand him, if he picked it up from me later on. He never turned up and texted me later and to ask if I could bring it to him. I told him nope it was in the shed and he could pick it up whenever he wanted it. I didnt hear from him for 3 months and got a call from my grandparents that he claimed I wouldnt give him the furniture unless he paid me so I drove down the next day with the furniture showed the one txt he had sent me to my grandparents. After I told them if he wanted it he could come get it himself they said they didnt want to store it and I could keep it if I wanted it or take it to the dump if I didnt.

JettsPapa

When I was younger I never would have dreamed that one of the must difficult things about being a parent is to step back and stop being one when they're grown. Of course that doesn't mean to abandon them, or not support them, but it does mean treating them like adults. One of the toughest for me is not offering advice that wasn't asked for.

Now that I have that out of the way, I am in no way excusing your in-laws behavior, especially your father-in-law ignoring your instructions about your daughter. Telling you no to buying the hotel or trying to forbid you is also way out of line.

I know none of that helps, and I feel like I should say something to try, but outside of recommending family counseling I got nothing. From the way you described them I doubt if they'd go, but you might be pleasantly surprised.

smee82

JettsPapa said:
When I was younger I never would have dreamed that one of the must difficult things about being a parent is to step back and stop being one when they're grown. Of course that doesn't mean to abandon them, or not support them, but it does mean treating them like adults. One of the toughest for me is not offering advice that wasn't asked for.

Now that I have that out of the way, I am in no way excusing your in-laws behavior, especially your father-in-law ignoring your instructions about your daughter. Telling you no to buying the hotel or trying to forbid you is also way out of line.

I know none of that helps, and I feel like I should say something to try, but outside of recommending family counseling I got nothing. From the way you described them I doubt if they'd go, but you might be pleasantly surprised.
I would love to see them in family counselling. I can just imagine the counsellor asking my MIL what are you angry about the most and her replying the mistress hes had for the last 20+yrs.

david1978

I got a good one from last night. My wife called after work that her car won't start. Ok now she works second shift so its midnight. I gave her a few ideas to try. No go. She calls her parents since that's were shes been living since the end of January. She kept calling till she got the car to her parents and I explained how to clean the terminals and to try that before replacing the battery. At this point its 3 am. Each time she called I'm thinking why, why do I still have to deal with this stuff?

mimo91088

Some people are just impossible to please. Still struggling to learn it myself.

juniperlea

Find out how to legally freeze your in-laws assets, so they can't afford to follow you to Australia. Otherwise, "Abandon hope"..... ps....what you wrote was very funny, even though, it's not actually funny!!!!

Jerome O'Neil

What? Lolz

My mother in law lives on a different continent, and it's still too close.

Last time I was over there, she washed the baby's cloths and draped them all over the house to dry. That was nice. So when they were dry, I folded them and stacked them to take upstairs. She came in the room and starts unfolding them and hanging them all over the room.

Me (thinking she was just confused): Those are dry, Mil, I'll take them upstairs.
Mil: I WILL DECIDE WHEN THEY ARE DRY!
Me: Wut?

Sorg67

Both my parents and in laws are no longer with us. I miss them. If yours are still here make the most of your time with them. You will miss them when they are gone.

aoiumi

I'm lucky, in some ways. The only people in my family who we have to deal with are all actually nice. I know my dad has some horrid people on his side of the family, but they're so 'high and mighty' that they never bother to talk with us 'plebians.' They're a foolish bunch... but one we don't have to deal with. It mostly just makes me sad, how stuck in their own world they are. I hope they wake up and face the real world one day, along with all the foolish people you all have to deal with sometimes.

smee82

david1978 said:
I got a good one from last night. My wife called after work that her car won't start. Ok now she works second shift so its midnight. I gave her a few ideas to try. No go. She calls her parents since that's were shes been living since the end of January. She kept calling till she got the car to her parents and I explained how to clean the terminals and to try that before replacing the battery. At this point its 3 am. Each time she called I'm thinking why, why do I still have to deal with this stuff?
And she will still want cash every week in america. I really don't get alimony its like the government is encouraging women to not take responsibility for themselves. Thank god they don't have it in australia.
Jerome O'Neil said:
What? Lolz

My mother in law lives on a different continent, and it's still too close.

Last time I was over there, she washed the baby's cloths and draped them all over the house to dry. That was nice. So when they were dry, I folded them and stacked them to take upstairs. She came in the room and starts unfolding them and hanging them all over the room.

Me (thinking she was just confused): Those are dry, Mil, I'll take them upstairs.
Mil: I WILL DECIDE WHEN THEY ARE DRY!
Me: Wut?
Our MILs might be related.

Littlebudda

I have a set of parents who are the most self obsessed, self centred jerks in the entire world. Not sure if there’s a word limit here so will keep it to bullet points.

•parents got divorced I was told by my father that it was my fault.

• my mother kept a diary of everything she had paid for for me from the age of 13 and presented me with a bill for 20k 12 months before my wedding (this included things like $3.00 birthday card)

• my mother informed my grandfather that I refused to pay her back the money I “borrowed” from her (I had given her $12.5k before I said I couldn’t pay anymore) resulting in my grandfather refusing to talk to me for the 2 years prior to his death.

• my mother took my Best man and Groomsmen out for lunch on my wedding day leaving me with no one till an hour before the wedding, in this time she also told me how selfish I was because I would not drive my grandparents to there hotel on my wedding day as she was busy and couldn’t do it.

•they were not there in the first month of any of my 3 children being born. For my third the reason was they were going to visit my second cousin as his baby was due the next week.

• Have had my children say I think I just saw grandma and PipI walking down the drive way. Yes they drove an hour and half to go to there caravan and got some things out of garage but couldn’t find the time to drop in to say hello.

• my eldest daughter and my father have birthdays 3 day apart so have always celebrated together on my daughters 12th they organised my father’s party on my daughters actual birthday (I moved her party) they forgot to wish her happy birthday, my father relit the candles three times to let the other kids blow them out and at no stage did they recognise my daughters birthday at all.

I think that’s enough for now, sorry for the long post but once I get started ....well you see where it goes

JettsPapa

Littlebudda said:
I have a set of parents who are the most self obsessed, self centred....
I've always thought my mother held that title, but I believe your relatives have her beat.

Littlebudda

Add the $20k in therapy to that bill my mum gave me so and can laugh about it instead of going all postal on them. Also I could go for another 15-20 bullet points but I’ll save that for my novel.

smee82

Littlebudda said:
I have a set of parents who are the most self obsessed, self centred **** in the entire world. Not sure if there’s a word limit here so will keep it to bullet points.

• my mother kept a diary of everything she had paid for for me from the age of 13 and presented me with a bill for 20k 12 months before my wedding (this included things like $3.00 birthday card)

• my mother informed my grandfather that I refused to pay her back the money I “borrowed” from her (I had given her $12.5k before I said I couldn’t pay anymore) resulting in my grandfather refusing to talk to me for the 2 years prior to his death.

• my mother took my Best man and Groomsmen out for lunch on my wedding day leaving me with no one till an hour before the wedding, in this time she also told me how selfish I was because I would not drive my grandparents to there hotel on my wedding day as she was busy and couldn’t do it.

•they were not there in the first month of any of my 3 children being born. For my third the reason was they were going to visit my second cousin as his baby was due the next week.

• Have had my children say I think I just saw grandma and PipI walking down the drive way. Yes they drove an hour and half to go to there caravan and got some things out of garage but couldn’t find the time to drop in to say hello.

• my eldest daughter and my father have birthdays 3 day apart so have always celebrated together on my daughters 12th they organised my father’s party on my daughters actual birthday (I moved her party) they forgot to wish her happy birthday, my father relit the candles three times to let the other kids blow them out and at no stage did they recognise my daughters birthday at all.

I think that’s enough for now, sorry for the long post but once I get started ....well you see where it goes
That takes the cake.

Inner10

smee82 said:
The last few days ive had to deal with a lot of garbage with my in laws so I'm creating a thread for as to complain about inlaws, wifes and husbands, parents or kids or whoevere it is in your life that you really wish you could wack upside the head.

A few day ago my wife decided to tell her mum we are looking at buying a motel.

Wife: we are thinking about buying a motel in australia
MIL: No
MIL:I won't support you
Wife: we don't want any support
MIL: you still cant.
MIL: I forbid it
20min later
MIL: you don't love me your abandoning me.
That was the end of that

Later that day after her father came and we were having dinner.
Wife: we want to buy a motel.
FIL: no
Wife: why
FIL:because I said
Wife:we want to
FIL: you didnt tell me you wanted to before you got married.
FIL:I don't agree that you married my daughter
Me: ummm we're already married.
It Never got any better

Couple of days later.
FIL: I Want to take your daughter for a walk
Wife: ok but keep her away from ither people and don't let her play with other kids.

20min later I go and hang up some clothes in the balcony and see the 2 of them outside the window and he is making her hug some random little boy and his mother and grandmother. I told him to come home through the window.

FIL:what
Me: what were you doing
FIL: I wasn't doing anything.
Wife: I told you not to let her play with other kids and to keep her away with other people.
FIL:but I wanted too.
Me: you were told not to.
FIL: If there's no me there's no wife and then there's no daughter.
FIL:you don't respect me
FIL: I brought you groceries.
FIl: You can't stop stop me from what I want because I'm older then you.
The conversation from that point on with my father in law yelling and screaming for 20min until they stormed out with both of them claiming we are evil heartless kids that don't respect or care about anyone else and it doesn't matter what he did because his older then us and we should let him do whatever he want.
I don't want to come off as racist, but I'm going to assume her parents were not born in North America?

smee82

Inner10 said:
I don't want to come off as racist, but I'm going to assume her parents were not born in North America?
No theyre not but neither am i.

Theyre chinese, I'm an aussie none of us a septic tanks (insert joking smily face)

david1978

smee82 said:
And she will still want cash every week in america. I really don't get alimony its like the government is encouraging women to not take responsibility for themselves. Thank god they don't have it in australia.

Our MILs might be related.
She can want in one and poop in the other and see which one gets full first. I'm on disability so she isn't getting squat from me.

Jerome O'Neil

Littlebudda said:
I have a set of parents who are the most self obsessed, self centred **** in the entire world. Not sure if there’s a word limit here so will keep it to bullet points.

Good grief, man. I am one of those "Dad hug"guys, so consider yourself internet hugged.

Littlebudda

Thanks the one thing my parents did right was give me an amazing god father he and his wife took me in when I was 16 I consider them my Mum and Dad. It takes more than providing some sperm and an egg to really be a mum and dad

goldface

Inner10 said:
I'm offended by your implication that the US and CA are on equal terms (not really).

Jerome O'Neil

Littlebudda said:
Thanks the one thing my parents did right was give me an amazing god father he and his wife took me in when I was 16 I consider them my Mum and Dad. It takes more than providing some sperm and an egg to really be a mum and dad
I read stories like yours and it just baffles me. My parents were fantastic. I was really close with my dad right up to the day he died, and my mother is still a battleship known as the USS Saint Mom. I would burn the town down for my own kids.

The most loathsome people on Earth are those that abandon or mistreat their children.

JettsPapa

Jerome O'Neil said:
I read stories like yours and it just baffles me. My parents were fantastic. I was really close with my dad right up to the day he died, and my mother is still a battleship known as the USS Saint Mom. I would burn the town down for my own kids.

The most loathsome people on Earth are those that abandon or mistreat their children.
You're very fortunate. I wasn't mistreated or abandoned, but my relationship with my mother wasn't, and probable never will be, a good one.

MomeWrath

deleted

Inner10

smee82 said:
No theyre not but neither am i.

Theyre chinese, I'm an aussie none of us a septic tanks (insert joking smily face)
That sounds about right, nothing like a difference in cultural norms to cause people to butt heads.

Inner10

scarface said:
I'm offended by your implication that the US and CA are on equal terms (not really).
You can also be offended by the fact Mexico and Greenland are lumped in there with the Carribean. But in terms or cultural norms US and Canada are pretty close.

Inner10

I should also add that you can pick your friends, you can't pick your family. I could also tell competing stories.

smee82

Inner10 said:
I should also add that you can pick your friends, you can't pick your family. I could also tell competing stories.
Who said you can't pick your family

Inner10

smee82 said:
Who said you can't pick your family
Good call, have your wife change her parents and you will be in good shape.

smee82

Inner10 said:
Good call, have your wife change her parents and you will be in good shape.
I hadn't finished typing and accidentally hit send when I dropped my phone to deal with 2 screaming babies.

It was supposed to say

Who said you can't pick you family I got rid of the sperm donor when I was 20 odd yrs old and have got friends (my parents age) that I chose that are more like family then friends.

Dont get me wrong my mums not bad and I love to bits. Shes just a bit docile at times and and is always trying to be a piece maker.

goldface

All the women in my life have always, eventually, arrived at one conclusion--that I'm stupid. Once I've reached that level (roughly 8-12 months), I never win anything. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. They're all even from North America.

Inner10

scarface said:
All the women in my life have always, eventually, arrived at one conclusion--that I'm stupid. Once I've reached that level (roughly 8-12 months), I never win anything. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. They're all even from North America.
Well are they wrong?

goldface

Inner10 said:
You can also be offended by the fact Mexico and Greenland are lumped in there with the Carribean. But in terms or cultural norms US and Canada are pretty close.

c68e1c54710c1a002d4317917e745337.jpg

david1978

scarface said:
Don't feel bad. I found out I'm a bad person after being married 20 years. A bad person. A bad father. But yet she texts me every other day with a question to a problem shes having. I'm about ready to tell her shes an adult (42) figure it out.

smee82

scarface said:
8 months that's ages I'm lucky to go 8hrs without a women calling me stupid

goldface

Inner10 said:
Well are they wrong?
When multiple ppl are coming to the same conclusion, maybe it's time to stare in the mirror and ask myself . . . am I really stupid?

smee82

I just had a fun 6hr arguing on the phone with my mum.

Shes works as a vampire and takes blood from poor innocent people. It turns out there is 4 cases if the virus in our hometown all have gone through her workplace and one she has definitely taken blood from.

I had to argue with her that she couldnt go and visit her parents on wednesday like she normally does and if they are being isolated because theyre old and theyre health is really bad then my uncle and his son who are leaving with them need to be isolated too.

Out of my grandparents 7 kids my mums the only one who will talk with my uncle and his depraved disgusting molesting son. Even his daughter doesn't want anything to do with his son. So as soon as I mention his name my mum thinks I'm being a jerk and goes ape.
Yet again I need to deal with their garbage when I'm on the other side of the world.
So far ive gpt my mum and stepdad to move into my grandparents place with my uncle and his son and my grandparents to stay in their house. No idea what's next

david1978

I'm still looking for an isolation partner but still no luck.
I know with my health I'm staying away from as many people as I can.

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom