Unwanted Goldfish

bristlenoseplonk

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I've posted this before, but I think I'll try again. I'm going to college in a few months and don't have anyone to take care of my common goldfish. People on the other thread suggested posting on craigslist, but there were no takers there, only one lady who expected me to give her my whole 75 gallon set up for free. Yea, no. I live in Northwestern Indiana and I really need someone to take this goldfish otherwise I don't know what I'll do. Any ideas?

Morpheus1967

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I didn't see the other thread, but are there any fish clubs in your area? What about checking out Facebook groups in your area? I have had luck there in the past.

OP
bristlenoseplonk

bristlenoseplonk

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Morpheus1967 said:
I didn't see the other thread, but are there any fish clubs in your area? What about checking out Facebook groups in your area? I have had luck there in the past.
I posted it about a year ago so idk I hadn't thought about facebook so I'll try that too

Skavatar

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i've heard Petco sometimes accept fish to rehome. or check local animal shelters, a few of them take in fish.

Iboughtmykidfish

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
How close are you to cleveland area? Theres a big fish rescue near there and that guy takes in pretty much everything. He has a lot of ponds and huge tanks/pools. Its called ohio fish rescue. May be a last resort option if you can't find anyone else to take it. Good luck

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I’d ask around if anyone has a big koi/goldfish pond you can take him to. In my area we have a petting zoo with a pond full of common goldies and koi.

New Threads