Unwanted Goldfish

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by LtBlub, May 3, 2019.

1. LtBlub New Member Member

I've posted this before, but I think i'll try again. I'm going to college in a few months and don't have anyone to take care of my common goldfish. People on the other thread suggested posting on craigslist, but there were no takers there, only one lady who expected me to give her my whole 75 gallon set up for free. Yea, no. I live in Northwestern Indiana and I really need someone to take this goldfish otherwise I don't know what i'll do. Any ideas?

2. Morpheus1967 Well Known Member Member

I didn't see the other thread, but are there any fish clubs in your area? What about checking out Facebook groups in your area? I have had luck there in the past.

3. LtBlub New Member Member

I posted it about a year ago so idk :) I hadn't thought about facebook so I'll try that too

4. Skavatar Well Known Member Member

i've heard Petco sometimes accept fish to rehome. or check local animal shelters, a few of them take in fish.

5. Iboughtmykidfish Well Known Member Member

How close are you to cleveland area? Theres a big fish rescue near there and that guy takes in pretty much everything. He has a lot of ponds and huge tanks/pools. Its called ohio fish rescue. May be a last resort option if you cant find anyone else to take it. Good luck

6. Demeter Fishlore VIP Member

I’d ask around if anyone has a big koi/goldfish pond you can take him to. In my area we have a petting zoo with a pond full of common goldies and koi.

7. Shannon529 New Member Member