55 Gallon Tank Unusual Friendship

MrsWarren

We got 2 Jack Dempsey,2 Pink Convicts, 1 black convict. All our fish are attacking and killing off our black convict, one of the femael pink Convict is being very protectived of the black convict, will chase anyone who come near him or her. She would not let any other tank mates go anywhere near the black convict, I just posting to share a very strange tankmate or strange friendship, I don't think anyone have similar situation? Two unusal friendship in your tank?

Hsunami

Could it be they are a pair and they are attempt to mate? sounds like mating behavior. Is there another tank you could put the pair in?

FiremouthGuy

Does sound like it may be mating behavior... You should probably remove one of the convicts- if two of them pair up they will kill the lonely one (whether its the black or one of the pinks).

RogueAgent94

Haha I have lots of strange friendships in my tank. One of the best ones is my Red Devil, Percy, is best friends with a really big goldfish. I've never seen them apart since I put the goldfish in as feeder fish. They have a little cave and in the morning when I turn on the lights both of them are inside the cave or right in front of it

MrsWarren

Even one of the pink convict did her best to protect the black convict, she died , I doubt they try to mate, they are not full size anyway

CichlidConossuier

Sorry to hear about your convict.
Hope everyone else is doing better.

But on another note. My convicts have bred as small as 3 in.
My biggest pair are 4 and 5 in. now.

Good luck on your fish keeping!

Latest threads

Top Bottom