Unusal Symptoms

Miyyaro

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
One of my sterbai cory and one or my Odessa barbs having been showing very subtle signs of Columinaris. I first noticed several months ago. I wasn't concerned since there were no other symptoms except a very light patch on the corys back and very slight white lips on the barb. I've since moved, and I (shamefully) moved them poorly which caused much stress and even some loss of my fish. Since then these mild symptoms have started to increase but still no lethargy or death surrounding this illness. Its odd. My understanding is that these sorts of issues are fast acting.

My question is, what do I use to treat? I've heavily medicated last year around October and again early 2018. I would like to avoid medications if possible, but I also know that is usually the only way to treat Columinaris?

Shannon Griscom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hmm...when I saw white patches on my son's betta I used APIs fungus cure. Worked like a charm and only took a week. He's in a five gallon so it was easy enough. One box has 10 packets that treat 10 gallons each.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom