Unsure?

roserae06

Reaction score
My Betta fish has been acting odd lately. Almost 2 weeks ago he stopped eating. I thought maybe it was due to me moving him to a new tank recently, and maybe he was still settling from that. So I gave him some time. He started sitting at the bottom of the tank and not responding to me. Beforehand, he would always respond to me when I'd approach the tank, he'd love to follow my daughters finger around when she'd glide it along side the tank. But suddenly he just acting as if ignoring us. And still continued to not show any interest in food.
Then a couple days ago he started responding again. He had gradually began, a few days previously, to move around more. And suddenly he was coming to me when I'd come to the tank, he was following my daughters finger around again. A little slow but he was doing well. I tried feeding him last night since it had been a while and still no interest in it.
Then we get to today, he was swimming around with a little ball that was seemingly attached to him. It was attached behind his ventral fins. I tried to get a picture of my betta with the ball still attached and suddenly it fell off of him and I lost it within the tank. But it was a transparent ball, with other little colors of things in it. The same color as his food for the most part. My assumptions of what it could be have me worried a bit. If anyone has any idea as to what it could be, any insight would be appreciated.

The_fishy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
roserae06 said:
My Betta fish has been acting odd lately. Almost 2 weeks ago he stopped eating. I thought maybe it was due to me moving him to a new tank recently, and maybe he was still settling from that. So I gave him some time. He started sitting at the bottom of the tank and not responding to me. Beforehand, he would always respond to me when I'd approach the tank, he'd love to follow my daughters finger around when she'd glide it along side the tank. But suddenly he just acting as if ignoring us. And still continued to not show any interest in food.
Then a couple days ago he started responding again. He had gradually began, a few days previously, to move around more. And suddenly he was coming to me when I'd come to the tank, he was following my daughters finger around again. A little slow but he was doing well. I tried feeding him last night since it had been a while and still no interest in it.
Then we get to today, he was swimming around with a little ball that was seemingly attached to him. It was attached behind his ventral fins. I tried to get a picture of my betta with the ball still attached and suddenly it fell off of him and I lost it within the tank. But it was a transparent ball, with other little colors of things in it. The same color as his food for the most part. My assumptions of what it could be have me worried a bit. If anyone has any idea as to what it could be, any insight would be appreciated.
It sounds like the ball is just poop. (Perhaps some constipation?) Could you fill out the emergency fish form and provide a picture please?

New Threads