Unsure Of What To Do Here...

1. Sable Everett

Sable Everett Member Member

Hi all.

I recently inherited a ten gallon tank from a friend who moved, and its stocking was as follows:
    -3 glowlight tetras
    -2 guppies
    -1 odessa barb
    -1 common pleco

So, I've gotten the guppies and tetras all squared away - they're in a ten gallon while the larger tank is getting all set up for them - and I'm working on (and praying for) a new and better home for this common pleco, but I'm not really sure on what to do about this barb. I'm pretty sure it's a female Odessa, so I was looking into care and I know I need to rehome, but I was wondering if there is anything I should be doing special in the mean time? She's currently solitary, in the ten gallon they all came in, with some plastic plants and a heater, filter, all that jazz, and gravel. She doesn't swim around much, save for the occasional sprint around the tank. I'm not sure of natural barb behavior (I'm pretty faithfully a betta keeper) so I don't know if this is normal or not. She's on the cheap flake food they came with for now, as well. Should I be feeding her the same thing I give my bettas? (bloodworms, bug bites, pellets) or will the flakes be okay? I haven't found anyone who can take her yet, but since I'm so unsure of her care, I don't really know what to look for.

So generally, I guess I'm looking for a crash course on care for her while I look for a better situation than I can currently give her!

Thank you!!
    Sable Everett

(If you'd possibly be able to take her (or the pleco), I'm in NE WI)

2. david1978

david1978 Fishlore VIP Member

3. OP
    OP
    Sable Everett

Sable Everett Member Member

Thank you!

4. emmysjj

emmysjj Well Known Member Member

For rehousing, we actually have a section on there for that. It’s under misc. Its the Buy Trade Sell Free category.:)

5. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member