10 Gallon Tank Unresponsive female endler.. Now seems normal?

reeelax

Hi everyone,

Yesterday in my community tank I noticed one female endler behaving oddly as she was just floating near the filter sponge. I saw my betta and other fish staring at her and as she swam by and nudged the endler a bit.. She just floated to the gravel and moved under a leaf.

She stayed there for a while and I noticed the other endlers coming up to her. I eventually tried to use my aquarium tools to see if she'd react as I was afraid she was dead. She didn't move or swim away at all from the tool. I even nudged her a bit and no reaction. Fearing she had passed I decided to net her out. She didn't even react or swim away from the net and just fell in. As I did this though I noticed gill movement. I decided to put her in a quarantine tank and added some stress guard to make her last few moments peaceful.

Now it's been a bit over 1.5 days and her behaviour has completely changed. She's now swimming around normally, she's skittish and hides like normal and is eating.

I'm not exactly sure what could cause this type of behaviour but my main question is if I can introduce her back into the community tank or should I keep her in the quarantine tank longer? Should I dose the quarantine tank with aquarium salt to medicate?

Any advice and insights are appreciated!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
IamFishNoob
Replies
Views
Frisbee
10 Gallon Tank Rescued female betta
Replies
Views
mothskip
Replies