Unpopular opinions? - Page 11

MacZ

StarGirl said:
I do occasionally eat like spaghetti at home because my husband likes it. I eat more garlic bread and sauce than the pasta. I think it is crazy people go out to eat and order pasta. Blasphemy I say! Get something good when you go out to eat! lol.
Does that only apply to italian pasta or do other forms of noodles count too?

StarGirl

MacZ said:
All pasta. Homemade is the worst....lol

MacZ

Suit yourself. More for me.

mimo91088

MacZ said:
I will totally make exceptions for noodles in Asian cuisine. Totally different.

StarGirl

mimo91088 said:
I guess when I get Chinese I get Pork Lo mein sometimes so I guess yeah. I only like it at one place though. Technically its not eating out when you get take-out. I was talking more of getting pasta at a steakhouse

mimo91088

On that topic... olive garden is trash. Their breadsticks are disgusting hot dog buns. How is that place so widespread with such garbage food?!

MySquishy

N
JettsPapa said:
I hate coffee, and marshmallows. Does that count as unpopular opinions?
No that’s fair.
...but then I hate coffee too.
Tea is the way to go all the way. Make it strong and add honey and lemon...hot or iced.

JettsPapa said:
The only kinds of meat I've tried that I don't like are lamb/mutton, and any type of liver (though I'm not a big fan of oysters).
Try eating real, actual, grass fed lamb.
Any meat from a sheep is allowed to be called “lamb”
in the US, but if it was older than a year, it’s really mutton. Not the same thing. A yearling is nearly the size of an adult, but a young animal doesn’t have the “gamey” flavor an adult will. Like how some venison is better than other.

Betta'sAnonymous

Almost sounds like veal

Katie13

I am not a fan of Thanksgiving Dinner.

Dippiedee

There is nothing edible that I despise more than ketchup. The smell, the taste, how difficult it is to clean off the of the plate that my partner leaves on the draining board instead of putting into the dishwasher (a seperate issue, really.) It is the Devil's condiment

Cowardlyslimeball

Pickles and peanut butter together are delicious. Just try it. So good. Just make sure it's adams peanut butter not Jiff, I hate Jiff, too sweet!

YellowGuppy

My provincial government needs to lock things down but doesn't have the guts to do it, so more people will die first before they bother taking any real action.

...sorry, too dark?

AquaBaby

Cowardlyslimeball said:
Pickles and peanut butter together are delicious. Just try it. So good. Just make sure it's adams peanut butter not Jiff, I hate Jiff, too sweet!
Dill pickles and vanilla ice cream. I think it's something about the salty and the sweet. Haven't tried pickles and PB though!

MacZ

StarGirl said:
I guess when I get Chinese I get Pork Lo mein sometimes so I guess yeah. I only like it at one place though. Technically its not eating out when you get take-out. I was talking more of getting pasta at a steakhouse
You don't go to a steakhouse for pasta. That might be the problem.

mimo91088 said:
Absolutely. That's why I asked.

mimo91088 said:
On that topic... olive garden is trash. Their breadsticks are disgusting hot dog buns. How is that place so widespread with such garbage food?!
We don't have those here (goodness, my partner meanwhile told me of restaurant chains I haven't heard of before.), but at least I heard about them... My best guess: People with very low demands/standards/expectations as customers.

Dippiedee

I dont think this is that unpopular but buying a sick fish from a store isnt 'rescuing.' Infact, anytime you're taking on the fish in exchange for money is not a rescue. A rescue is when you take a poorly treated fish away from a bad owner and nurse it back to health. Otherwise you're showing theres profit to be made from poorly treated fish and actively encouraging them to do it again.

Kribensis27

Dippiedee said:
I dont think this is that unpopular but buying a sick fish from a store isnt 'rescuing.' Infact, anytime you're taking on the fish in exchange for money is not a rescue. A rescue is when you take a poorly treated fish away from a bad owner and nurse it back to health. Otherwise you're showing theres profit to be made from poorly treated fish and actively encouraging them to do it again.
Well, you are rescuing that fish. You’re just giving other fish a death sentence in the process.

mimo91088

Dippiedee said:
Couldn't agree more with this. I have no problem if you buy fish at Petco, but don't try to sound like you're doing it out of charity!

Dippiedee

Kribensis27 said:
Well, you are rescuing that fish. You’re just giving other fish a death sentence in the process.
Yeah which really negates the initial 'rescue' so it doesnt count.

SinisterCichlids

Dippiedee said:
So funny you say this. I had this exact same dilemma in the petsmart I used to work at. Yeah, bala sharks are cute until they grow bigger than your arm! I see a lot of more experienced hobbyists come in and buy a large amount of fish to rescue them. What they are actually doing is telling petsmart and petco "wow those sold great, let's get more". It is a double-edged sword.

Dippiedee

SinisterCichlids said:
So funny you say this. I had this exact same dilemma in the petsmart I used to work at. Yeah, bala sharks are cute until they grow bigger than your arm! I see a lot of more experienced hobbyists come in and buy a large amount of fish to rescue them. What they are actually doing is telling petsmart and petco "wow those sold great, let's get more". It is a double-edged sword.
Exactly this. Leaving the initial poorly treated fish at the store is the lesser evil.

Dippiedee

I hate sundays. Worst day of the week

V1K

AquaBaby said:
Dill pickles and vanilla ice cream. I think it's something about the salty and the sweet. Haven't tried pickles and PB though!
When I read that pickles and peanut butter post I was intrigued, but this, this sounds completely inedible . Like that fishfingers and custard thing from Doctor Who.

mimo91088

Wait. Is it Saturday there right now? I thought you guys lived in the future!

V1K

mimo91088 said:
Wait. Is it Saturday there right now? I thought you guys lived in the future!
Nobody said anything about Saturdays , Dippiedee said she hates Sundays, which is today...

mimo91088

V1K said:
Nobody said anything about Saturdays , Dippiedee said she hates Sundays, which is today...
Wow. Right you are. I can't read. Pretend you never saw me... it's still early!

StarGirl

Liquid cheese is disgusting and NOT cheese.

Pfrozen

StarGirl said:
As a Canadian I have no clue what you're talking about and that sounds horrible

V1K

StarGirl said:
You mean like cheese spread? I haven't bought it for a while, but I think they are among the things labeled as "cheese product" to distinguish them from a real thing.

mimo91088

Pfrozen said:
Don't get too high up on that horse when it comes to dairy neighbor! Your country drinks bagged milk.

StarGirl

Pfrozen said:
V1K said:
You mean like cheese spread? I haven't bought it for a while, but I think they are among the things labeled as "cheese product" to distinguish them from a real thing.
Like Nacho Cheese or Queso. You know the Stuff they squirt out of a pump for like chili dogs. Nasty.

Pfrozen

mimo91088 said:
Don't get too high up on that horse when it comes to dairy neighbor! Your country drinks bagged milk.
Lol yea fair enough but what is liquid cheese? Like, how liquid is it? Like water?

V1K

StarGirl said:
Like Nacho Cheese or Queso. You know the Stuff they squirt out of a pump for like chili dogs. Nasty.
Well that's a cheese sauce, not cheese, I think that's obvious to anyone, not an unpopular opinion IMO. Cannot comment taste of that squirtable one because I've never tried a cheese sauce out that wasn't freshly made.

StarGirl

Pfrozen said:
Lol yea fair enough but what is liquid cheese? Like, how liquid is it? Like water?
Not that thin. If you ever had Taco Bell they put that stuff on everything. Whenever you go to a stadium people are eating "Nachos" Liquid cheese and Tortilla chips. So gross.

Chewbacca773

Well my unpopular opinion is that white chocolate is good. It’s chocolate. Why don’t people like it? As I said, it’s chocolate.

StarGirl

Chewbacca773 said:
Well my unpopular opinion is that white chocolate is good. It’s chocolate. Why don’t people like it? As I said, it’s chocolate.
No its not! There is no Coco in it. Its white candy!

Pfrozen

Ah yea we have the nacho cheese stuff but its more like a thick cheese dip than a "liquid cheese," I was picturing like just drinking a glass of cheese or something, gross

mimo91088

Pfrozen said:
Ah yea we have the nacho cheese stuff but its more like a thick cheese dip than a "liquid cheese," I was picturing like just drinking a glass of cheese or something, gross
That would indeed be disgusting

V1K

Chewbacca773 said:
It's chocolate only in its name, but technicaly it's about as much chocolate as cheese sause is cheese... And it tastes like sugar, well, sugar and milk at best. The best chocolate is the one with over 70% of cacao, because there's no physical possibility for it to contain too much sugar. Most of the chocolate kinds are way too sweet, which is my unpopular opinion.

StarGirl

V1K said:
It's chocolate only in its name, but technicaly it's about as much chocolate as cheese sause is cheese... And it tastes like sugar, well, sugar and milk at best. The best chocolate is the one with over 70% of cacao, because there's no physical possibility for it to contain too much sugar. Most of the chocolate kinds are way too sweet, which is my unpopular opinion.
I like dark chocolate too. Maybe not 70%.......But I would eat it.

Dippiedee

I still dont know what liquid cheese is, taco bell here puts grated cheese on everything

Chewbacca773

V1K said:
Well it tastes like chocolate...

Betta'sAnonymous

StarGirl said:
No its not! There is no Coco in it. Its white candy!
But candy is GOOD. Unless it is Warheads or something

StarGirl

Dippiedee said:
I still dont know what liquid cheese is, taco bell here puts grated cheese on everything
They put it on the Crunch Wrap Supremes here. Google Liquid Cheese for Nachos.

Dippiedee

StarGirl said:
They put it on the Crunch Wrap Supremes here. Google Liquid Cheese for Nachos.
Oooooooooooooo I know now lol

Betta'sAnonymous

Thank you all to making want Taco Bell now.. the worst part is, the closest one is right across the street from Petco and around the corner feom an LFS...y'all might be the devil!!

V1K

Chewbacca773 said:
Well it tastes like chocolate...
No it doesn't. A necessary component for something to taste like chocolate is the cacao aroma. White chocolate doesn't have any.

StarGirl

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Thank you all to making want Taco Bell now.. the worst part is, the closest one is right across the street from Petco and around the corner feom an LFS...y'all might be the devil!!
Not sorry... I want Runza every time you answer something....lol

Kribensis27

The ONE thing that is similar between real chocolate and white chocolate is texture. That’s it. The best chocolate is between 70-80% dark.

Betta'sAnonymous

StarGirl said:
Not sorry... I want Runza every time you answer something....lol
Just for that....

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom