Unpopular opinions? - Page 11

MacZ

Member
StarGirl said:
I do occasionally eat like spaghetti at home because my husband likes it. I eat more garlic bread and sauce than the pasta. I think it is crazy people go out to eat and order pasta. Blasphemy I say! Get something good when you go out to eat! lol.
Does that only apply to italian pasta or do other forms of noodles count too?
 

StarGirl

Member
MacZ said:
Does that only apply to italian pasta or do other forms of noodles count too?
All pasta. Homemade is the worst....lol
 

MacZ

Member
Suit yourself. More for me.
 

mimo91088

Member
MacZ said:
Does that only apply to italian pasta or do other forms of noodles count too?
I will totally make exceptions for noodles in Asian cuisine. Totally different.
 

StarGirl

Member
mimo91088 said:
I will totally make exceptions for noodles in Asian cuisine. Totally different.
I guess when I get Chinese I get Pork Lo mein sometimes so I guess yeah. I only like it at one place though. Technically its not eating out when you get take-out. I was talking more of getting pasta at a steakhouse
 

mimo91088

Member
On that topic... olive garden is trash. Their breadsticks are disgusting hot dog buns. How is that place so widespread with such garbage food?!
 

MySquishy

Member
N
JettsPapa said:
I hate coffee, and marshmallows. Does that count as unpopular opinions?
No that’s fair.
...but then I hate coffee too.
Tea is the way to go all the way. Make it strong and add honey and lemon...hot or iced.

JettsPapa said:
The only kinds of meat I've tried that I don't like are lamb/mutton, and any type of liver (though I'm not a big fan of oysters).
Try eating real, actual, grass fed lamb.
Any meat from a sheep is allowed to be called “lamb”
in the US, but if it was older than a year, it’s really mutton. Not the same thing. A yearling is nearly the size of an adult, but a young animal doesn’t have the “gamey” flavor an adult will. Like how some venison is better than other.
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
Almost sounds like veal
 

Katie13

Member
I am not a fan of Thanksgiving Dinner.
 

Dippiedee

Member
There is nothing edible that I despise more than ketchup. The smell, the taste, how difficult it is to clean off the of the plate that my partner leaves on the draining board instead of putting into the dishwasher (a seperate issue, really.) It is the Devil's condiment
 

Cowardlyslimeball

Member
Pickles and peanut butter together are delicious. Just try it. So good. Just make sure it's adams peanut butter not Jiff, I hate Jiff, too sweet!
 

YellowGuppy

Member
My provincial government needs to lock things down but doesn't have the guts to do it, so more people will die first before they bother taking any real action.

...sorry, too dark?
 

AquaBaby

Member
Cowardlyslimeball said:
Pickles and peanut butter together are delicious. Just try it. So good. Just make sure it's adams peanut butter not Jiff, I hate Jiff, too sweet!
Dill pickles and vanilla ice cream. I think it's something about the salty and the sweet. Haven't tried pickles and PB though!
 

MacZ

Member
StarGirl said:
I guess when I get Chinese I get Pork Lo mein sometimes so I guess yeah. I only like it at one place though. Technically its not eating out when you get take-out. I was talking more of getting pasta at a steakhouse
You don't go to a steakhouse for pasta. That might be the problem.

mimo91088 said:
I will totally make exceptions for noodles in Asian cuisine. Totally different.
Absolutely. That's why I asked.

mimo91088 said:
On that topic... olive garden is trash. Their breadsticks are disgusting hot dog buns. How is that place so widespread with such garbage food?!
We don't have those here (goodness, my partner meanwhile told me of restaurant chains I haven't heard of before.), but at least I heard about them... My best guess: People with very low demands/standards/expectations as customers.
 

Dippiedee

Member
I dont think this is that unpopular but buying a sick fish from a store isnt 'rescuing.' Infact, anytime you're taking on the fish in exchange for money is not a rescue. A rescue is when you take a poorly treated fish away from a bad owner and nurse it back to health. Otherwise you're showing theres profit to be made from poorly treated fish and actively encouraging them to do it again.
 

Kribensis27

Member
Dippiedee said:
I dont think this is that unpopular but buying a sick fish from a store isnt 'rescuing.' Infact, anytime you're taking on the fish in exchange for money is not a rescue. A rescue is when you take a poorly treated fish away from a bad owner and nurse it back to health. Otherwise you're showing theres profit to be made from poorly treated fish and actively encouraging them to do it again.
Well, you are rescuing that fish. You’re just giving other fish a death sentence in the process.
 

mimo91088

Member
Dippiedee said:
I dont think this is that unpopular but buying a sick fish from a store isnt 'rescuing.' Infact, anytime you're taking on the fish in exchange for money is not a rescue. A rescue is when you take a poorly treated fish away from a bad owner and nurse it back to health. Otherwise you're showing theres profit to be made from poorly treated fish and actively encouraging them to do it again.
Couldn't agree more with this. I have no problem if you buy fish at Petco, but don't try to sound like you're doing it out of charity!
 

Dippiedee

Member
Kribensis27 said:
Well, you are rescuing that fish. You’re just giving other fish a death sentence in the process.
Yeah which really negates the initial 'rescue' so it doesnt count.
 

SinisterCichlids

Member
Dippiedee said:
I dont think this is that unpopular but buying a sick fish from a store isnt 'rescuing.' Infact, anytime you're taking on the fish in exchange for money is not a rescue. A rescue is when you take a poorly treated fish away from a bad owner and nurse it back to health. Otherwise you're showing theres profit to be made from poorly treated fish and actively encouraging them to do it again.
So funny you say this. I had this exact same dilemma in the petsmart I used to work at. Yeah, bala sharks are cute until they grow bigger than your arm! I see a lot of more experienced hobbyists come in and buy a large amount of fish to rescue them. What they are actually doing is telling petsmart and petco "wow those sold great, let's get more". It is a double-edged sword.
 

Dippiedee

Member
SinisterCichlids said:
So funny you say this. I had this exact same dilemma in the petsmart I used to work at. Yeah, bala sharks are cute until they grow bigger than your arm! I see a lot of more experienced hobbyists come in and buy a large amount of fish to rescue them. What they are actually doing is telling petsmart and petco "wow those sold great, let's get more". It is a double-edged sword.
Exactly this. Leaving the initial poorly treated fish at the store is the lesser evil.
 

Dippiedee

Member
I hate sundays. Worst day of the week
 

V1K

Member
AquaBaby said:
Dill pickles and vanilla ice cream. I think it's something about the salty and the sweet. Haven't tried pickles and PB though!
When I read that pickles and peanut butter post I was intrigued, but this, this sounds completely inedible . Like that fishfingers and custard thing from Doctor Who.
 

mimo91088

Member
Wait. Is it Saturday there right now? I thought you guys lived in the future!
 

V1K

Member
mimo91088 said:
Wait. Is it Saturday there right now? I thought you guys lived in the future!
Nobody said anything about Saturdays , Dippiedee said she hates Sundays, which is today...
 

mimo91088

Member
V1K said:
Nobody said anything about Saturdays , Dippiedee said she hates Sundays, which is today...
Wow. Right you are. I can't read. Pretend you never saw me... it's still early!
 

StarGirl

Member
Liquid cheese is disgusting and NOT cheese.
 

Pfrozen

Member
StarGirl said:
Liquid cheese is disgusting and NOT cheese.
As a Canadian I have no clue what you're talking about and that sounds horrible
 

V1K

Member
StarGirl said:
Liquid cheese is disgusting and NOT cheese.
You mean like cheese spread? I haven't bought it for a while, but I think they are among the things labeled as "cheese product" to distinguish them from a real thing.
 

mimo91088

Member
Pfrozen said:
As a Canadian I have no clue what you're talking about and that sounds horrible
Don't get too high up on that horse when it comes to dairy neighbor! Your country drinks bagged milk.
 

StarGirl

Member
Pfrozen said:
As a Canadian I have no clue what you're talking about and that sounds horrible
V1K said:
You mean like cheese spread? I haven't bought it for a while, but I think they are among the things labeled as "cheese product" to distinguish them from a real thing.
Like Nacho Cheese or Queso. You know the Stuff they squirt out of a pump for like chili dogs. Nasty.
 

Pfrozen

Member
mimo91088 said:
Don't get too high up on that horse when it comes to dairy neighbor! Your country drinks bagged milk.
Lol yea fair enough but what is liquid cheese? Like, how liquid is it? Like water?
 

V1K

Member
StarGirl said:
Like Nacho Cheese or Queso. You know the Stuff they squirt out of a pump for like chili dogs. Nasty.
Well that's a cheese sauce, not cheese, I think that's obvious to anyone, not an unpopular opinion IMO. Cannot comment taste of that squirtable one because I've never tried a cheese sauce out that wasn't freshly made.
 

StarGirl

Member
Pfrozen said:
Lol yea fair enough but what is liquid cheese? Like, how liquid is it? Like water?
Not that thin. If you ever had Taco Bell they put that stuff on everything. Whenever you go to a stadium people are eating "Nachos" Liquid cheese and Tortilla chips. So gross.
 

Chewbacca773

Member
Well my unpopular opinion is that white chocolate is good. It’s chocolate. Why don’t people like it? As I said, it’s chocolate.
 

StarGirl

Member
Chewbacca773 said:
Well my unpopular opinion is that white chocolate is good. It’s chocolate. Why don’t people like it? As I said, it’s chocolate.
No its not! There is no Coco in it. Its white candy!
 

Pfrozen

Member
Ah yea we have the nacho cheese stuff but its more like a thick cheese dip than a "liquid cheese," I was picturing like just drinking a glass of cheese or something, gross
 

mimo91088

Member
Pfrozen said:
Ah yea we have the nacho cheese stuff but its more like a thick cheese dip than a "liquid cheese," I was picturing like just drinking a glass of cheese or something, gross
That would indeed be disgusting
 

V1K

Member
Chewbacca773 said:
Well my unpopular opinion is that white chocolate is good. It’s chocolate. Why don’t people like it? As I said, it’s chocolate.
It's chocolate only in its name, but technicaly it's about as much chocolate as cheese sause is cheese... And it tastes like sugar, well, sugar and milk at best. The best chocolate is the one with over 70% of cacao, because there's no physical possibility for it to contain too much sugar. Most of the chocolate kinds are way too sweet, which is my unpopular opinion.
 

StarGirl

Member
V1K said:
It's chocolate only in its name, but technicaly it's about as much chocolate as cheese sause is cheese... And it tastes like sugar, well, sugar and milk at best. The best chocolate is the one with over 70% of cacao, because there's no physical possibility for it to contain too much sugar. Most of the chocolate kinds are way too sweet, which is my unpopular opinion.
I like dark chocolate too. Maybe not 70%.......But I would eat it.
 

Dippiedee

Member
I still dont know what liquid cheese is, taco bell here puts grated cheese on everything
 

Chewbacca773

Member
V1K said:
It's chocolate only in its name, but technicaly it's about as much chocolate as cheese sause is cheese... And it tastes like sugar, well, sugar and milk at best. The best chocolate is the one with over 70% of cacao, because there's no physical possibility for it to contain too much sugar. Most of the chocolate kinds are way too sweet, which is my unpopular opinion.
Well it tastes like chocolate...
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
StarGirl said:
No its not! There is no Coco in it. Its white candy!
But candy is GOOD. Unless it is Warheads or something
 

StarGirl

Member
Dippiedee said:
I still dont know what liquid cheese is, taco bell here puts grated cheese on everything
They put it on the Crunch Wrap Supremes here. Google Liquid Cheese for Nachos.
 

Dippiedee

Member
StarGirl said:
They put it on the Crunch Wrap Supremes here. Google Liquid Cheese for Nachos.
Oooooooooooooo I know now lol
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
Thank you all to making want Taco Bell now.. the worst part is, the closest one is right across the street from Petco and around the corner feom an LFS...y'all might be the devil!!
 

V1K

Member
Chewbacca773 said:
Well it tastes like chocolate...
No it doesn't. A necessary component for something to taste like chocolate is the cacao aroma. White chocolate doesn't have any.
 

StarGirl

Member
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Thank you all to making want Taco Bell now.. the worst part is, the closest one is right across the street from Petco and around the corner feom an LFS...y'all might be the devil!!
Not sorry... I want Runza every time you answer something....lol
 

Kribensis27

Member
The ONE thing that is similar between real chocolate and white chocolate is texture. That’s it. The best chocolate is between 70-80% dark.
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Member
StarGirl said:
Not sorry... I want Runza every time you answer something....lol
Just for that....
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view

Top Bottom