Unorthodox tank

Mlou

Hi everyone;

before you get mad at me, just know it started because of tank space necessity and gradual experimentation. But, I had to find space for my green lasers and similes and melinnis cories. I thought one of my 40 breeder tank that housed 5 small ping ping perlscales goldfish might be ok if I can bring the tank temp up to 78 F.. I did and the goldfish seem fine and actually grew rapidly and are now huge. The cories and the goldfish live in peace and harmony...

ImJustGuessing

never had a fish that had dropsy but wow

Lucy

Mlou said:
Hi everyone;

before you get mad at me, just know it started because of tank space necessity and gradual experimentation. But, I had to find space for my green lasers and similes and melinnis cories. I thought one of my 40 breeder tank that housed 5 small ping ping perlscales goldfish might be ok if I can bring the tank temp up to 78 F.. I did and the goldfish seem fine and actually grew rapidly and are now huge. The cories and the goldfish live in peace and harmony...
I've never sen such round goldies. I looked them up and sure enough, they can get big and round.
Very cute!!

ImJustGuessing said:
Welcome to FishLore!
They don't have dropsy

Mlou

ImJustGuessing said:
I can understand why you think they do but they are perfectly healthy. These are special breed of goldfish which has calcium deposits on each of their body scales masking hhe scales look protruded. These deposits don’t grow back so care must be taken that scales are not damaged. These are called ping pong pearlscales goldfish.

Willow84

Mlou said:
Hi everyone;

I love all the little open mouths in the third photo. So cute, like they are simultaneously saying, "Ooooohhhh.... "

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom