Unmoving gourami

Bunnyuwu

Reaction score
I've had my three gouramis for around 2-3 weeks now and just recently moved them into a 20 gallon tank;; ( two are golden gouramis and the other is an opaline ) they were all doing just fine all day, apart from barely eating. But, now I have one if the golden gouramis sitting at the bottom with no movement and I really cant tell if hes asleep or dead;;; please help

Attachments

Bunnyuwu

Reaction score
Is the tank cycled? how long has the aquarium been set up? filtration? do you know your ammonia and nitrite and nitrate ratings? if not you need a test kit.
I would start my doing a water change
I had it running with the filter and water conditioner for approximately 14-15 hours before I added them ((I gave in to waiting a full 24 hours because I just wanted them to see the new tank and have cleaner water;;)). Theyve been in the new tank for around 4 days now though so it cant really be because if the water, can it? I've been doing alot of research since I got them. I have a good idea of how it all works;; I dont have any of those testing kits though;;;

hydro

Reaction score
Well I know its overwhelming need to look up on how to do a proper cycle.
basically you need to grow good bacteria to convert very poisonous ammonia (fish waste) to nitrate.
this process take about a month. just look up how to do a cycle with fish. you would be doing daily water changes until the tank is cycled. or you can return the fish asap and do a cycle without fish by adding ammonia and allowing the bacteria colonies to grow and it will be a lot faster and easier. I would strongley suggest getting the api master test kit, it is pricey but you really need it.

hydro

Reaction score
ammonia builds up very quickly and you need to keep it below 0.5 parts per million or your fish will die

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Three spots will also outgrow a 20 gallon, they are also renowned for being an aggressive fish especially with their own kind. It may be best to start from scratch, cycle the tank fishless and then get fish more suitable. There's a few Gourami that would do well in a 20 such as the Dwarf or Honey Gourami.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom