Unkown Fish

Tumbleweed

Well Known
Reaction score
My wife was telling me about a fish she used to have when she was a kid, she doesn't know the name of it, but she said it was yellow and was in the shape of a ball and had 2 fins and a tail fin, and a small nose. She describes it like a rubber ball with a nose eyes 2 fins and a tail. Any one have a idea what kind of fish that could be?

OP
Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Well Known
Reaction score
Isabella said:
Could it have been some fancy variety of Goldfish?
I don't think so the way that she describes it, it doesn't sound like a variety of gold fish.

OP
Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Well Known
Reaction score
no it was not a parrot fish it was a fresh water tank. I know this is a weird question and very hard to answer, the only way I think I will get an answer about it will be from someone that has or has had that fish and knows what I am trying to describe.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Or ... your wife would have to search some online encyclopedia of fish with pictures, or a book (encyclopedia) with fish pictures. Once she sees the fish, she should immediately recognize it. It's really hard to know which fish it was from the verbal description alone. Pictures (or scientific names ...) help best, lol

OP
Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Well Known
Reaction score
Isabella said:
Or ... your wife would have to search some online encyclopedia of fish with pictures, or a book (encyclopedia) with fish pictures. Once she sees the fish, she should immediately recognize it. It's really hard to know which fish it was from the verbal description alone. Pictures (or scientific names ...) help best, lol
Do you know of any good online sites that I could go to try and find it?

Stradius011

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Could it be a pufferfish? You said that the fish's shape was a ball.

New Threads