Unkowen Disease?

Tumbleweed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon/early evening I noticed that my elephant nose had white spots on his face. He didn't have them in the morning or afternoon. This was around 6-7pm. I thought it was ICH. I left and went out for a while then got home a little after 11pm and check in on him and found the white spots had turned into open sores that he was rubbing his face on what ever he could. I removed him from the tank and put him in the q tank. He did eat when I tried to feed him. His breathing seemed rapid also. This morning around 6-7am he was still alive and his entire face was pale and had open sores on it, then around 8am he stopped living. This was very quick, and I am worried about what it could be and what might happen to the other fish in the tank. I looked at the page with the disease chart, but not sure what it is. Maybe HITH disease or even worse Columnaris (Cotton Wool Disease)

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't know what it is but I'm sorry to hear about your elephant nose.... :'(

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sounds like HITH disease to me. Sorry for your lose
Would do a large water change just for your other fish. keep an eye on them.
Carol

Tumbleweed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The dolphin fish now in teh tank has a big white patch on hos back and now is very lathargic and swimming upside down. This thing works very fast. This will be 3 fish 2 elephant nose and a dolphin in just over 24 hours.

Carol I did a 20% water change yesterday morning and then I did a 35% water change late last night. All my numbers are ok
PH 7.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10

I am just not sure what To do.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom