Unknown white patches on neon tetra Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by MeganS, Jan 9, 2013.

1. MeganSValued MemberMember

One of my neon tetras has developed white patches in the red area of his body near the tail. I have had them since last summer and he is still swimming with the group and eating well. He isnt displaying any other symptoms of illness and the rest of his tankmates are healthy. The patches don't really seem raised and fuzzy like a fungus. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. escapayWell Known MemberMember

Kind of looks like it could be Neon Tetra Disease:

3. MeganSValued MemberMember

I was hoping that wasn't it. He doesn't seem to have any other symptoms though. I feed NLS Thera a, which i dont think would be contaminated. so if that is the diagnosis he must have been infected before i got him about 6 months ago.

4. MeganSValued MemberMember

Anyone else have any experience with this, some suggestions, ideas, anything? I'd like to get a definitive diagnosis before I quarantine and treat.

5. guster730Valued MemberMember

A methylene blue bath seems like a good idea (directions on escapay's first link) As it says it's effective "for the both “True Neon Tetra Disease” and false neon tetra disease (FNT Disease)." Although it says the white patches appear late in the disease where it's usually untreatable. You should still try though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice