Unknown Species

Frank01Mustang

I just purchased a fish yesterday, I forgot what the owner of the store said it was but it looks like a Texas Chiclid, its colors are much more darker, could someone help, Ill get a picture if needed!

Boxermom

Sorta hard to help without a photo.

Frank01Mustang

sorry about the water!! every time I go near the tank they think its feeding time so I had to feed them to keep them out of my picture!!!

atmmachine816

It's a cichlid though not sure what type, probably gets large as I'm more familiar with the smaller species.

Frank01Mustang

yeah, it looks like some breed of texas, and my friend at the shop says it will get large!

atmmachine816

Ya whatever it is it's probably going to get large, look on google. What size tank is it in?

Frank01Mustang

I looked in google and couldnt find it anywhere, its in a 55 gallon right now, but when its larger it will be put in my 125 gallon

chickadee

It is a Festae Cichlid. Specs are:

Species: Parapetenia festae

Size: 12 inches (30cm)

Diet: Carnivore

Tank Levels: Will frequent all levels

Temperment: AGGRESSIVE

The blue/green vertical banding across the fish's flanks between the gills and the caudal peduncle iridesce. The base color of the fish is green/yellow with flushes of red that are more noticeable as the fish ages. An Eyespot (dark with a light ring about it) appears at the base of the caudal fin.

I would say that this is your fish.

Rose

Frank01Mustang

that's what the guy said, Parapetenia! thanks alot!! ;D

hopesmom

aggressive, but boy is he pretty!
Denise

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom