Unknown Snail

Rebecca Talbott

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Is this a baby assasine snail? Any thoughts on how it ended up in my tank? The only thing I have added recently are two mystery snails about 2 months ago. I haven't had any egg clutches. Could one of them been carrying an egg on his shell or something? I just noticed this little guy yesterday. I don't see any others. Thanks.
0526181034.jpg

Rebecca Talbott

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
KinsKicks said:
Hello!

That is a ramshorn snail; a quick breeder pest snail. Have you added any plants lately? He might have hitchhiked on the mysteries lol
Nope. No plants. Should I pull him out? I don't see any others. I like snails but don't want my tank overrun.

Rebecca Talbott

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
KinsKicks said:
Hello!

That is a ramshorn snail; a quick breeder pest snail. Have you added any plants lately? He might have hitchhiked on the mysteries lol
Doh! Just found another one!

Ms rose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i agree thet they only have as many babes as the tank can feed. so if you dont over feed you will only have a few. i love mine, they came in on some plants, and the amshorns only about doubled their coclony where as the bladder snails over ran my tank. i started with anywwhere from 3 to 5 rams now i have no more then 15, tthey came in in march, so it took that long to get 15 out of them

InsanityShard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Be careful if you have any bottom feeders, the main reason they outbred my tank and destroyed almost everything was I couldn't exactly stop feeding my apple snails and my bristlenose catfish, and the outcompeted them easily on food and bred to the hundreds in a 60g.

Rebecca Talbott

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
InsanityShard said:
Be careful if you have any bottom feeders, the main reason they outbred my tank and destroyed almost everything was I couldn't exactly stop feeding my apple snails and my bristlenose catfish, and the outcompeted them easily on food and bred to the hundreds in a 60g.
It's just a 10 gal with a betta, 1 nerite, and 1 mystery snail.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom