Unknown snail.

1. A

Aquarium Newb Valued Member Member

Hello, I recently conducted my first fish rescue (yay! 4 adf and 7 Zebra Danio in a 10 gallon with 3 snails. Two of the snails were dead, so there is only one actually (got all of them plus the tank for 20 bucks) and the lady I bought them from didn't know what kind of snails they were, and I don't know either. Can someone ID it please? Thank you. 1467504347216.jpg 1467504357306.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Airth

Airth Valued Member Member

Looks like a Ramshorn snail to me. I find them to be rather prolific breeders so keep an eye out for babies.

Are these fish still in the 10 gallon? If so, I'd strongly suggest looking into upgrading as soon as you can afford it. Zebra danios are quite active and require a larger tank long term. I'd go with at least 20 gallons, though larger would be better.

I'm also not sure about temperature compatibilities between the danios and ADFs. Look into that maybe and if needed separate the two; danios in a larger tank and adfs can remain in the 10 gal.

3. OP
    OP
    A

Aquarium Newb Valued Member Member

No the Danio are in a 20 gallon, I kept the adf in the 10 gallon because I heard that they do best in a species only tank, and thank you for IDing the snail for me

4. Airth

Airth Valued Member Member

Awesome. =) I hope all your new babies are doing well. And you're welcome for the ID.