Unknown Eggs

Adriifu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hello! I have a 55-gallon tank set up and just found a batch of eggs near the filtration system. I’m wondering what type they are. Stuck between mystery snails and corydoras. I’m aware that mystery snails lay eggs above water, as mine have done that several times on the tank’s lid. That’s why I’m leaning towards corydoras. If they are corydoras, I’d like to separate them and raise them, however I don’t know how exactly to do this. Here’s a picture:

EDIT: Forgot to list my fish: I have leopard/zebra danios, mystery snails, pond snails, yellow rabbit snails, peppered corydoras, and an albino rainbow shark.

Attachments

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Look more like mystery snail eggs that mom didn’t bother to lay above water. If they were cory eggs they would be in smaller groups of a mere handful and there would be more eggs all over the decor/glass.

Adriifu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Demeter said:
Look more like mystery snail eggs that mom didn’t bother to lay above water. If they were cory eggs they would be in smaller groups of a mere handful and there would be more eggs all over the decor/glass.
They feel like mystery eggs as well. Will they survive in the water?

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nope, you can remove them and try hatching them in a humid Tupperware container but it might be too late.

Adriifu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Demeter said:
Nope, you can remove them and try hatching them in a humid Tupperware container but it might be too late.
Alright, thanks. I don’t really know how long they’ve been there, so I’ll just leave it alone.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It takes about 5 minutes to drown a clutch. They do not hatch after that point.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom