Unknown Disease

zacksaquarium

Reaction score
my fish have a unknown disease (to me) all water parameters are great
symptoms include laying on the bottom of the tank and not moving much
so far fish will do this for 1-7 days before dying i don't know what this could be i have used aquarium salt to help slow effects down but what could this be

KimberlyG

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The fish that died were goldfish? From the picture I can't tell anything wrong with the little guy. Did you have an ammonia spike at any time recently?

Dianedw73

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Have you tried a pea. I know it's sounds silly but I've heard of similar situations and it worked. Just remove the shell and mash the pea then see if the fish Wii eat it. It's a huge boost of fiber maybe it'll help move things out. Good luck

zacksaquarium

Reaction score
Have you tried a pea. I know it's sounds silly but I've heard of similar situations and it worked. Just remove the shell and mash the pea then see if the fish Wii eat it. It's a huge boost of fiber maybe it'll help move things out. Good luck
I don't think he's clogged up because my Danio w
ere like this too before they died

KimberlyG

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Do they seem to be having a hard time breathing? The danios would eat right up to the time they died? (I know, so many questions. Externally your fish look fine so we are just trying to figure out what is going on.)

NavigatorBlack

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There are puzzles never to be solved - it could be viral or bacterial. We can't see inside.

A key piece of info is how long the fish was out of the store before what may have been a pre-existing condition developed.

The goldfish would eventually have eaten the zebras. In time.

zacksaquarium

Reaction score
There are puzzles never to be solved - it could be viral or bacterial. We can't see inside.

A key piece of info is how long the fish was out of the store before what may have been a pre-existing condition developed.

The goldfish would eventually have eaten the zebras. In time.
I haven't added a new fish in 4 months so I doubt the disease is from the store and the goldfish Doesnt even eat little snails so

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom