Unidentified Pest Snails?? Id?

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Fellowmellow, Apr 20, 2019.

1. FellowmellowNew MemberMember

Title says it all heres some pics. There is white and brown of these same snails.

Are these the same snails with different color variations or different pest snails sub species?

15557392435863871092948302448246.jpg heres a great close look!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2019
  2. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Looks like bladder snails

3. Addie42Well Known MemberMember

Some really pretty pond snails. I’d like to call them albino pond snails/ bladder snails

4. ElkwatcherValued MemberMember

Thought pond snail at first, but might be a bladder snail...

5. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Err pond snails...they will have a LOT of offspring, so watch out!

6. RepolieWell Known MemberMember

The dark ones are bladder snails and the pale ones are pond snails.

7. Addie42Well Known MemberMember

AH I just found a really relevant post but I’m not sure if it’s another forum or just a weird website
    Anyways the guy at the end goes “My prized snow white bladder snail. Currently working to develop a “pure” strain of these unique snails“
    And they look just like yours. Would post a link but idk if I’d get yelled at
    You should hold on to those, they are really really cool

8. fjhWell Known MemberMember

I remember seeing a post a few years ago about faucet snails. looked a lot like these guys!

9. FellowmellowNew MemberMember

Ok thanks for the info they are currently breading like crazy in many fish tanks ;)

10. ZaiValued MemberMember

They're adorable

11. 86 ssinitWell Known MemberMember

Yes they do breed like crazy. I would recommend getting rid of them. Yes there cute but when you have a thousand not so much. Loaches eat them and Assassin snails. Had an outbreak of them for about a month in a shrimp tank. No matter how many I squished more appeared. Shrimp tank so wasn’t feeding much at all. But those snails kept coming. Got 6 Assassins last week and rarely see them now. Unfortunately the Assassins are also eating up my mts population.

12. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Takes time, but snails also can die off if the food source becomes scarce...but that...takes time:

13. LilysMomNew MemberMember

14. 86 ssinitWell Known MemberMember

Well there good with all but the nerite snail. They will eat it.

15. Donovan JonesValued MemberMember

I managed to get some albino-esque pond snails one time. Would have loved to breed them, but I lost them in the plants lol

16. FellowmellowNew MemberMember

Great video I've watched it once before.
    These snails I dont see being a huge issue yet... my guppys love feeding off there egg clusters they leave on the glass. Guppys are happy than am happy :)

Also wanted to share this picture. Anyone know what guppy pattern she might be?

Attached Files:

17. Donovan JonesValued MemberMember

Red cobra...looks like the Petco version of them....I'll try to find a pic to match