Unexpected surprise

1. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

My stepfather felt bad about Nero passing this week on his watch, so he went to petsmart and got a fish this morning to make up for it. Without me knowing -__-. TBH i had no intention of replacing nero. So heres the real hypocrasy, its a baby. Yeah, those things ive been protesting for quite some time now ----____----. Well, no use now so heres what i got.

[​IMG]
    Id say he/she is around 4-5months. Not TOOO young but i do have some frozen foods on hand.

[​IMG]
    If anybody wants to venture a guess im saying HMPK or Super Delta PK. The color is similar to mustard gass. It will be called a blue/yellow bicolor.

2. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

Aw, he's very cute. Your SD had good intentions. I know you'll take good care of this little dude.

3. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah if he makes it, we had quite the scare during the acclimation, the little guy almost keeled. Hes hiding of course right now, and will be in my 10gal in a week or 2 if he shows no ilness. Amazingly enough, my first betta without fin damage, external damage of any kind or twitchs.

4. xNick Member Member

Hope he pulls through nice and strong!

He looks to be a cutie.

5. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

Oh yeah? Maybe it was just a great stress for him.Hope he's ok. So do you always rescue the sick ones?

6. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Thats what i put it down too, he got really stressed and started laying down, yeah, i rescue the mildly damaged ones. I have a HMPK with screwy ventrals, had a ct with a screwy tail. My older VThas chronic SBD and cataracts so the list goes on. And youd never know because of how happy and healthy i keep them :) So this little character is keeping me happy with his...perfectness? lol.

7. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

What a nice gesture.
    Congrats!

8. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

Aw, that is great! It's too bad we couldn't just throw 50 of them in a huge tank and make it a rescue tank.
    Maybe it will be nice not to have to worry about this little one. :) But I applaud you for taking in the ones most people don't want!

9. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks, i wish i could do that :D, though... i could divide a 100gallon into like 20 sections... ive seen it before.

10. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

Holy cow! A 100 divided for bettas? That's craziness! Was it divided like an egg carton? Or the usual way? It would be really cool to set up a designer stand to accomodate several divided 20 longs just for rescue bettas. Hmm... maybe one day ... :D

11. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

That was a very sweet thing for SD to do. It's a beautiful little fish.

12. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Im beginning to think(ok know) that my mom made him do it, which of course, would make complete sense being that me+him=WWIII :p. Anywhos the tank i saw was divided egg carton style, 2 wide and so many long. Filtered and cycled. Sol will be going into my 10gal in a week or so after im positive hes problem free. THEN i will also be moving my ADF, the one who was emaciated, into the section with him to see how it works out. Im hopping it will, Sol hasnt proven to be a big food hog which is good.