Unexpected Celebes Halfbeak Babies!

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Lion, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Lion

Lion Valued Member Member

I was unaware that one of the females were pregnant until noticing small flashes dart across the tank, must be doing something right. Will post updates on growth

Attached Files:

2. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

Congrats!

3. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Very cool!

Not to be rude, but I also see a molly (or swordtail/platy, hard to tell from the straight on shot) in there. I've heard halfbeaks can be difficult to breed (or at least more difficult than the common livebearers). Are you sure the fry aren't mollies?

4. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

Celebes are more easily bred than the common Halfbeak, and the fry are much larger. I can tell from the photo that those are halfbeaks and not mollies, they are too elongate to be molly fry.

5. OP
    OP
    Lion

Lion Valued Member Member

The previous photos were when they were in my LFS with the odd Limia. But they're currently thriving in my 80 gallon grow out for my Clown Loaches when they spawned
    [​IMG]

^the scratches on the tank were from a previous owner since I picked the tank up for super cheap as I was using as a quarantine tank

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice