Uneven Water Level

1. WolfPack21 Member Member

Hi Everyone, I just setup my new 55 gallon tank last night. When I was filling up the tank the water looked level, but I noicted today that it is not. When looking at the tank, the water looks lower of the right side then on the left. I noticed this because the "spalshing" sound was louder on the right side. I would like to say that it is not a huge gap, it is less than half a inch and you have to look for it. What can I do to fix this problem or should I not worry about it?

I also bought a AquaClear 70 today and noticed that some of the water is dripping back from where it is sucked up, so if you are looking at the tube that sucks up the water, it flows over to the right side ect, but it is dripping back on the left side. Could this also be because of the uneven tank?

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

if its less than a half an inch , I wouldnt worry..more might be an issue and you would have to jar something under one side to make it more even...

as far as your filter, cold the water level be too high around there?

3. WolfPack21 Member Member

Thanks Shawnie, I'll try and post and picture soon and see what you think. The filter somehow has worked itself out.
    I'll keep an eye on it, I just did not want to have to drain the tank during the cycling process.

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

cant wait for pics :)
    and I dont blame you..we have enough issues while cycling to not have the filter mess up would be great ;)!

5. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Bummer! I hope it's just a little bit. You're right - what a pain that would be. :( I'm glad the filter seems better now. :)

6. WolfPack21 Member Member

So I measured the water levels and its about a 8mm difference from the back right corner to front left corner. Is that a risky level and should I go get some shim's to level it out?

Also my stand does have "feet," its one soild piece, so should I place one shim under the front left side of the stand and it will be ok? Oh and the stand is on carpet.

7. crazy4fish_123 Member Member

Take a couple shims and place them under the tank and each one take a leveler to the tank.