Under or overstocking for 20gallon Long

Plecolover4477

Merry Christmas to all,just have a quick inquiry about stocking.Im wondering if my 20long is overstocked or can I still add some more.My current stocking is 5 glofish,4 Whiteskirt tetras,4 albino corydoras and 1 pleco.I know,I know about the pleco.Im planning to upgrade to a bigger tank.

SanDiegoRedneck

what i see with this is that you have BARE minimum of each fish for happiness. corys love like 8 or more in shoal. and 4 tetra is small school also and white skirt 2in full grown pretty big tetra

i say rehome the pleco immediately if it is a common pleco and get a few more corys and call it a day.

you will be doing water changes more than once a week FYI when these are full-grown if you want to keep water clean.

Upvote 0

jkkgron2

Merry Christmas to all,just have a quick inquiry about stocking.Im wondering if my 20long is overstocked or can I still add some more.My current stocking is 5 glofish,4 Whiteskirt tetras,4 albino corydoras and 1 pleco.I know,I know about the pleco.Im planning to upgrade to a bigger tank.
It sounds fully stocked to me. What type of pleco is it? Depending on the type, you could be looking at a 60+ gallon tank.

Upvote 0

jinjerJOSH22

Merry Christmas.
I probably would only add a few more Corys and leave it like that.
what i see with this is that you have BARE minimum of each fish for happiness. corys love like 8 or more in shoal. and 4 tetra is small school also and white skirt 2in full grown pretty big tetra
I imagine the Glofish are the same species as the Skirts

Upvote 0

Plecolover4477

ok thanjs

i say rehome the pleco immediately if it is a common pleco and get a few more corys and call it a day.

you will be doing water changes more than once a week FYI when these are full-grown if you want to keep water clean.
ok thanks I appreciate the input and will definitely be rehoming the pleco
It sounds fully stocked to me. What type of pleco is it? Depending on the type, you could be looking at a 60+ gallon tank.
nah for now I'm only upgrading to a 40gallon breeder
Merry Christmas.

yes they are

Upvote 0

SanDiegoRedneck

ok thanjs
ok thanks I appreciate the input and will definitely be rehoming the pleco
if you really are into plecos a BN pleco will be just fine in 20gal long. or some of the plecos from brazil especially stay small like l134 leopard frog or l397 angular if you wanted to go fancier.
Merry Christmas.

true, i dont know much about glofish past the general knowledge

Upvote 0

Plecolover4477

if you really are into plecos a BN pleco will be just fine in 20gal long. or some of the plecos from brazil especially stay small like l134 leopard frog or l397 angular if you wanted to go fancier.
I've already have seen the BN pleco id like to get but my pleco which I've grown attached to is gonna be hard giving up.For now I can only upgrade to a 40 breeder due to space.I care very much for my fish so I know the decision to rehome my pleco is the most logical.

Upvote 0

SanDiegoRedneck

I've already have seen the BN pleco id like to get but my pleco which I've grown attached to is gonna be hard giving up.For now I can only upgrade to a 40 breeder due to space.I care very much for my fish so I know the decision to rehome my pleco is the most logical.
I did it in the beginning of my fish keeping time as well as LOTS of other folks on here did, got a common pleco from LFS! it will be hard but you need to rehome. honestly a common pleco needs like 150gal when full-grown or a pond. i know sounds harsh or cheesy but if you truly care about him or her rehoming is the best for the fish.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
10 Gallon Tank Overstocked?
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
mossman
  • Question
Replies