Under Cabinet Lighting on rack?

DCJ

Hi forum! Me again

I'm in the process of drafting plans for a 'narrow/tall' tank rack to fit in the last corner of my room that will take a fish tank. It's going to be for tanks around 5 gallons, maybe with a single 10 gal at the bottom, I'm still finessing it

I'm considering 2 5 gals per level, with 3 or 4 levels all told. I'm guesstimating maybe 6 tanks that'll need heaters, I'll be running them all on an air pump with sponge filters, and I'd like to save on plug space and power to light the thing.

I'm thinking of these undercabinet lights that you can daisy chain for 3/4 levels of lighting with one socket. I'm used to using cheap LEDS tubes, but I'm wondering if these would be able to support plant growth?

4W, 320 lumens for each bar. Can anyone weigh in?

Thank you for your help as always! :)

86 ssinit

At 6000k they will be fine. But is that all 6 combined. They should be able to grow easy plants. May want to try a 10g sump on the bottom feeding the high tanks to the low tanks. A dc pump will further reduce your electric and plug space. And you could probably grow cherry shrimp in the sump. Also put one 200w heater in the sump to heat all tanks.

DCJ

At 6000k they will be fine. But is that all 6 combined. They should be able to grow easy plants. May want to try a 10g sump on the bottom feeding the high tanks to the low tanks. A dc pump will further reduce your electric and plug space. And you could probably grow cherry shrimp in the sump. Also put one 200w heater in the sump to heat all tanks.
Thank you kindly for weighing in, I appreciate that you took the time to leave a comment :)

Each light on it's own can cycle through 3000/4000/6400K

I've never thought about heating tanks via sump before... Might need to look into that, because the heaters are going to cost the most in terms of power.

Thanks again!

86 ssinit

Ok those light have a switch to change the color cool warm and daylight. Go with the highest and lower if needed. The sump is a great way to save money on power. One dc pump will pump the water from tank to tank and drain back into sump. Where the water enters the sump you fill that area with media. A heater and even a uv sterilizer will fit in the sump. All you need to do is connect the tanks to flow through one to the next.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Suniv2
Replies
Views
shiv234
  • Question
Replies
Views
Sauceboat
Replies