Help unclear water???

Status
Not open for further replies.

allamericangirl

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My guppies had a bunch of fry about a month ago and are now big enough to be moved into a different tank. My female is about to drop again.

Yesterday, I cleaned a separate tank and let it run over night. This morning, the tank was cloudy not clear. I put some special bacteria killer in the tank and let it run until lunch. The tank is still cloudy but doesn't have stuff floating around in the water. Is it ok if I put the fry in the tank?

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi allamerciangirl...I wouldnt move the fry to any uncycled tank .....and what bacteria killer did you put in there?

you could empty the water out, recondition it with just tap water conditioner, cut off some of the filter media from the current tank (if its cycled) and put that with the fry into your new tank ...or leave the fry in the current tank until you cycle the new tank....which wont happen over night

nerite0479

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hello allamericangirl,
I agree with Shawnie.The tank will take a while to cycle and if the water doesn't clear up(it most likely will) I use Brite N' Clear.It's a type of water conditioner and it has worked great when my tank water gets cloudy.It's made by Mardel.I hope your tank gets cleared up soon

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
although im glad products like that work for you angelfish97, cloudy water usually has a reason why its cloudy...some reasons can be uncycled tanks, over feeding, over stocked, algae blooms, not enough filtration, faulty filters, etc.....using products to clear that up, although it will work, usually just hides the reasons its cloudy...and allot will alter the ph significantly as well as very fast....

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Does the aquarium have decor in it? I remember when I first set up my tank, the water was cloudy for about 2-3 days and then it went away. I did rinse the gravel and everything, but I assume I didn't rinse it well enough.

nerite0479

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
although im glad products like that work for you angelfish97, cloudy water usually has a reason why its cloudy...some reasons can be uncycled tanks, over feeding, over stocked, algae blooms, not enough filtration, faulty filters, etc.....using products to clear that up, although it will work, usually just hides the reasons its cloudy...and allot will alter the ph significantly as well as very fast....
I know.I figured that all of that was good since she didn't ask any questions about that stuff.You are right though.I'm sorry.I didn't mean to give any bad information.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I know.I figured that all of that was good since she didn't ask any questions about that stuff.You are right though.I'm sorry.I didn't mean to give any bad information.
it wasnt bad if it works for you just wanted to put that warning out as it does give false hopes (when you see clear water its a good feeling im sure) and effects the ph ....everyone has a different experience and it doesnt mean you gave wrong info

nerite0479

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
OkIt works for me but not for everyone.I haven't used that stuff in over a year.Thank you for correcting me though;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom