Unactive betta...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well Draco has had it rough since I got him (poor boy).
He wasn't the most active or the strongest boy from the start (That would be Bran my blue marble). However he's really never picked up from the fiasco a couple of weeks ago.

Basically he spends all day laying on the bottom of his tank. He goes up for air and then drops back down again. The edges of his fins may be a little rough (he hasn't opened them up much lately so it's hard to say. I was concerned that the temperature in his section of the QT might have been the issue or maybe I just wasn't up enough on the WC's (un filtered).

So I "upgraded" him to a bigger tub (since Bran and Darlin' are in the conditioning tanks in the kitchen) so he's now king of 6 gallons as of this morning I also added a few decorations thinking that maybe he was just bored. Now the water conditions will be more stable and I know the heating isn't an issue. But so far there's been no change.

He's getting blood worms twice a day (everyone is) and pellets every now and then as well (when I've only got blood worms for the two in the kitchen). His appetite is pretty good except he's eating mostly off the bottom as the worms sink.

He's getting Garlic Guard and Stress Coat, and there are some live plants as well.

Does anyone else have any suggestions or recommendations? I was hoping to spawn him with Darlin' once she was recovered from the upcoming spawn but right now it's not looking like that will happen

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Red1313

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks everyone, MM I'll try floating Shimmer (VT pet girl) in a clear container in his tank and see what happens. He was fairly unresponsive in the QT but that could be because of the semi opaque nature of the containers and distance.
Lucy, I hope it's not parasites I hate to run him through another round of medications but maybe I should...

OP
Red1313

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nevermind everyone.
RIP my lovely boy

I don't understand why I'm having such trouble with this HM crew!
Now I'm paranoid about Bran and Darlin'...

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Red, I'm sorry .

Bran and Darlin' will be fine, they're in the conditioning tanks, they're both doing well up to now. I'm sure you would have noticed by now if something wasn't right.

OP
Red1313

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks everyone.
It's just kinda of irritating/frustrating/disappointing... I had 5 HM's from Thailand + 3 from Ontario and I've lost all the Ontario kids, and only Bran and Darlin' are left. Losing 6/8 from these mystery causes is just sort of disheartening

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Awww, Red, I missed this yesterday. :console:
I'm so sorry you lost your little man.
RIP Draco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 17 19.3%

Top Bottom