Unable to watch YouTube videos through the app

bizaliz3
Is anyone else having this problem? I used to be able to watch the video right there in the thread. Now it won't work. And the only way I can see a YouTube video on the website it is by taking me straight to YouTube to watch it. For a while there it didn't require going to YouTube to watch it.... it would play right there on the thread. And now When I click on a YouTube video in the app it won't even take me to YouTube to watch it it just fails... so the only way I can watch a video now is if I go on the website. And it was nice when it didn't take us to YouTube to watch it . anyone?
Aquarist

Coradee
I don't use the app so can't help unfortunately, hopefully someone will come along with a possible cure for your problem

Dragones5150918
Since I do not know what phone you are using, I'm going to go with the easiest first and say conflict of programs from an update.

I have two suggestions. First try shutting the phone off for a few minutes and turn it back on. Sometimes that will resolve the conflict with what ever program running.

If that does not work, uninstall the update of FishLore in your app manager and reinstall it.

bizaliz3
Thanks guys. It didn't work for about a week and then I finally decided to ask if anyone else was experiencing it....and guess what...now it works.

It's like when you take your car in to look at a problem you've been having and when you get there it doesn't have the problem it was having!

It was an issue on both the app and the website for me. The app wasn't working at all (for youtube videos), and the website was making me go to youtube to watch the videos. Today, on the website, I can watch the videos right on the thread like I used to. And they play just fine in the app.

so...I guess it was a brief fluke....

bizaliz3
Well, now it stopped working again. Strange.

I also find it odd that my youtube videos are ending with advertisements. I don't remember that happening in the past!!

I confirmed that my video viewing issue is only happening on my phone. When I use a computer, I can watch the youtube videos right on fishlore. When I use my phone, and I am still using the website NOT the app, it takes me to youtube instead of watching it on fishlore. And as I said before, it is a complete fail when trying to watch them on the app. It won't even take me to youtube.

So clearly it is related to my phone...Strange that it was working just fine in the past, and also worked briefly today.... I also find it strange that the website behaves differently depending on if I am using my phone vs a laptop. I am still using the internet and not the app.

grrr

hampalong
Have you tried rebooting your phone? My iPhone does that sometimes, and just needs a reboot...

bizaliz3
Have you tried rebooting your phone? My iPhone does that sometimes, and just needs a reboot...

That's right, that was suggested wasn't it! I will give it a shot.

What about the advertisements at the end? Have you noticed that before? Has it always been that way and I just never noticed? If not, I hope the re-boot corrects that as well. I have no control over what is being advertised and I don't like that!! I feel like I would have noticed that before!!

hampalong
I don't get them at the end, but I get them at the beginning with some vids. I don't think you can do much about that(?)

bizaliz3
The reboot didn't work. This is what I get when I try and watch a video on the app...and retrying does nothing... and I'm still being taken away from the fishlore website and forced to watch the videos on YouTube when I'm using my phone for internet.

bizaliz3
The plot thickens....

I am on the computer at work....there are a lot of blocked websites at work (including youtube) There was a long period of time where I couldn't watch ANY fishlore videos at work because we always had to click a link and go to youtube to watch them. Then there was a change of some kind where the youtube videos could be watched right on the thread without leaving the fishlore page! I was loving that! Because I could actually see people's videos while at work.

Well, what I found interesting today is that the last two videos I posted on my "the lone survivor" thread are blocked here at work. I can't watch them because of the youtube connection. But the video I posted before those two....I can still watch right on the thread, right here at work! Isn't that strange? And the older videos still play for me on the app as well. It is only new videos that fail.

Something has changed with how the videos are posted. At least how mine are posted anyway!! I posted all of my videos the same exact way. And they can all be viewed right in the thread except for the last two. And I am unable to view the last two on the app....I can only see them on my laptop which doesn't have youtube restrictions like my work does.

I am so confused.

sorry, just venting I guess!!!!!!! Clearly no one else is having trouble viewing MY videos...because no one has mentioned not being able to watch them and I am getting responses to them....so...ya...Although, it isn't just my videos, I am having other people's videos fail to play on my fishlore app as well.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SparkyJones
Replies
Views
Ravenahra
Replies
Views
PAcanis
Replies
Views