Umm... where did this pleco come from?

AggressiveAquatics

So I just made a very strange discovery. I’ve never put a pleco in my 40 gallon but I walked into my room today to see this. A tiny pleco like barely an inch on my drift wood. It doesn’t show it in the pic but he has blue eyes. Is it possible a pleco egg came on one of my plants and hatched? I’m so confused on how this got here.

32946F21-4BEE-40CA-95DF-E34C81A11EDC.jpeg

StarGirl

That is a very cool discovery! Now you have a pleco.

Dechi

I don’t know but it looks very pretty !

Betta'sAnonymous

I say "who cares, free fish, roll with it!"

AggressiveAquatics

Yeah he or she is really cool looking but I’m so confused on how it got here lol. Maybe a BN? Can they have blue eyes?

Lucy

Another surprise visit from the Fish Fairy

Fishkeeper25

hmm maybe he/she was sucking on the wood piece and somehow didn't die on the way home.

AggressiveAquatics

Lucy said:
Another surprise visit from the Fish Fairy
I’ve never been visited by the fish fairy until now lol. Hopefully I get another visit

StarGirl

AggressiveAquatics said:
Yeah he or she is really cool looking but I’m so confused on how it got here lol. Maybe a BN? Can they have blue eyes?
I think there are blue eyed Lemon BN Plecos?

Fishkeeper25

probably the egg thing.

AggressiveAquatics

Fishkeeper25 said:
probably the egg thing.
That’s the only thing that makes sense to me but I had my plants shipped so it’s crazy it survived that

LinasPlantLife

AggressiveAquatics said:
That’s the only thing that makes sense to me but I had my plants shipped so it’s crazy it survived that
“Life, uh, finds a way...” haha

Kribensis27

That’s really weird, and I’m also very jealous!

Lucy

AggressiveAquatics said:
I’ve never been visited by the fish fairy until now lol. Hopefully I get another visit
Happens all the time at my house. Just ask my husband

Flyfisha

My local shop has a reasonable display of plants. In an effort to display the plants without algae multiple BN are in the plant tank. Fish will do what fish will do if you put male and female in the same tank . As a female has hundreds of eggs with each batch and there are not true caves for the males to fan the eggs of course eggs get everywhere.
Nature is always better at this than we are.
The great news is it’s a 40 gallon tank. Just perfect for a BN. Bad news could be if you have another BN of the opposite sex in the tank.

AggressiveAquatics

Flyfisha said:
My local shop has a reasonable display of plants. In an effort to display the plants without algae multiple BN are in the plant tank. Fish will do what fish will do if you put male and female in the same tank . As a female has hundreds of eggs with each batch and there are not true caves for the males to fan the eggs of course eggs get everywhere.
Nature is always better at this than we are.
The great news is it’s a 40 gallon tank. Just perfect for a BN. Bad news could be if you have another BN of the opposite sex in the tank.
Well good thing I don’t have another BN or any type of pleco in there

Flyfisha

Let’s hope so. However yesterday you did not know you had one. Adding zucchini on a fork may bring out any more after dark that are hiding.

hpt84

AggressiveAquatics said:
Well good thing I don’t have another BN or any type of pleco in there
So you think

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom