Umbrella Hairgrass turnign yellow

Auroraaaa

I have a bunch of Umbrella Hairgrass (Eleocharis Vivipara) that I got about 2 weeks ago and half of it is turning yellow, I have a full spectrum led light on for 8.5 hours a day in a 10 gallon (6500K, 850 lumens, PAR is 72 at 12") no CO2, I use a fertilizer that has more than %3 of potassium once a week so I don't think it is a potassium deficiency. Is the light too low? Or is it just adjusting to my tank?

RedOnion

I have a bunch of Umbrella Hairgrass (Eleocharis Vivipara) that I got about 2 weeks ago and half of it is turning yellow, I have a full spectrum led light on for 8.5 hours a day in a 10 gallon (6500K, 850 lumens, PAR is 72 at 12") no CO2, I use a fertilizer that has more than %3 of potassium once a week so I don't think it is a potassium deficiency. Is the light too low? Or is it just adjusting to my tank?
What is your substrate?

Upvote 0

RedOnion

It could be turning yellow since it is still new. Are you dosing an iron?

Upvote 0

Auroraaaa

It could be turning yellow since it is still new. Are you dosing an iron?
I am not dosing iron, the substrate should be high in iron from what i've heard

Upvote 0

RedOnion

I am not dosing iron, the substrate should be high in iron from what i've heard
Has there been any new growth?

Upvote 0

Auroraaaa

Has there been any new growth?
Only the few healthy leaves have new growth (less than half) but the other half is dying

Upvote 0

RedOnion

Only the few healthy leaves have new growth (less than half) but the other half is dying
Hm weird. Maybe the plant was grown emersed or in a Co2 tank and is adapting to the change. Ive had plants go from high tech co2 to lowtech and most would die on me besides a couple stems that would grow.

Upvote 0

Auroraaaa

Was it a success in the end?

Upvote 0

Auroraaaa

Yup there is one stem that lived and it has grown so much.
Good to know!! Tysm for the advice :)
Yup there is one stem that lived and it has grown so much.
Is it alright for you if you can take a look at my most recent post and give me some advice for that too? Sorry if i'm asking too much (idk if it's posted yet actually)

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
coolio3991
  • Question
Replies
Views
Feusagit
  • Question
Replies
Views