UK, has anyone used tropco.co.uk?

Heron

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am currently without my car and I would like some more fish and I have gone off my local fish shop as many of the fish I've bought previously were in poor health. I thought I might try buying fish online ( I've never done this before ) . I have looked at the sites of a number of online fish sellers that cover the UK and found that tropco has the cheapest shipping. As I only want a few cheap fish shipping costs will make up the bulk of the order so I thought I will give them a go. Has anyone used tropco before? Any good or bad experiences with them. Could anyone recommend buying online? Any thoughts about mail order fish?

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
@pagoda, I believe advised me against them, I can't remember the reason. I've only tried All Pond Solution, I've used them a couple of time and the fish have arrived in good health. Their stock is usually low tho which is annoying.

Edit: Apparently the fish arrived under sized and died in transit or days later.
I've been looking at Aquatics to your door, obviously I can't vouch for them but their stocking always seems interesting.

Aphidicus

Reaction score
I’ve used Tropco twice (both times for Mosquito Rasboras) and not had any problems. First lot of fish are doing well 4 months in. I’d use them again.

With regards to buying online, I wouldn’t recommend it if the weather is particularly cold. I bought 20 Green Neon Tetras ~January (not from Tropco) and they all looked dead when they arrived. They weren’t, they were just super cold. Even though they’re now fine, I’d feel bad if I was responsible for putting fish through that stress again. Other than that, I’ve had no issues with buying fish online.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom