Uh oh, Krib vs. Syno Cat

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, the 6 inch Synodontis Featherfin Catfish in my tank has taken over my Krib cave. I'm going to have to figure something out. Perhaps get a flower pot or something. My krib cave is a store bought fake rock cave design, pretty cool. Only took 1 day for the catfish to take it over. The kribs won't mess with him either, he's a big dude compared to them. (Though very peaceful)

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sounds like an active tank .
Carol

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Make a coconut cave with an opening only the kribs can fit into...if there is enough size difference. Or take your current cave and glue a piece of rock or something to narrow the entrance.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Any way you can fit a couple different cave options for these fish? My kribs like to go from one to another, depending on how the fry situation is going.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah my kribs shop around too but always goback to the same cave to lay eggs.
When I had a Syno eupteres he wanted everybodies cave. I think he just wanted company but the Clown Loaches or the Rhino plec either one didn't want his company.
I finally gave him away
Carol

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
lol poor lonely catfish. Yeah he seems like the type, just wants to hang out for a bit. He's just so big and clumsy he keeps breaking the coffee table. I'm going to get a new cave tomorrow. He was out of it when I got home from work today back in his regular spot between driftwood and rock.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Get it something large enough to get his entire length under. It should also be tall enough for it to stand it's dorsal erect without it touching the top. The Featherfin will happily hang out upside down under such a cave. Large hollow logs are good for them.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads