Ugh-what is this?

FishFan

Reaction score
OK-yes, I've been SO busy and I'm sorry. I have a really weird thing I need help figuring out. On Dec. 10th, my female plain guppy had babies. Well, I put in the tank divider and they're growing like weeds! There is only 7 remaining and I put a small (now grown into a monster) apple snail in there to clean up and it's worked out beautifully. Well-here's what's happened...2 nights ago, I'm close up to the tank, watching my babies when I notice a teenie, tiny orange colored baby on the bottom-the size of a newborn! BUT-it's so little & orange. Now, how the heck did it get in there & what the heck is it?!?!?!?!?! Nothing really surprises me with these dang fish, but this one did! I have 3 female swordies, 2 of which looked pregnant, but don't anymore-think I missed those I'm bummed, I want swordie babies!!! Anyhow-I didn't put the female swordies in a breeder box because it freaks them out so bad, so I just left them. I looked for any way a baby swordie could get in where the other babies are, but I don't see a way. My guppy babies are a clearish-yellowish color, but this tiny baby is orange! Any clues would be helpful.

P.S. I have 3 more months to go and It's a GIRL!!!    ;D Miss you all & think of you all often-just so busy!!! Hope all your holidays were superb! Mine was OK.  :-\

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey its so good to hear from you!!! Yay a Girl
I don't know about your divider but mine looks tight but I put baby guppys on one side and the next morning had babies on both sides, so since its so tiny maybe its a baby swordie that escaped to teh other side. Keep us posted as it grows and let us know what it is
Carol

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Maybe the little one was lonesome . Congratulations on your little girl. I hope everything works out well on both fronts - fish and human. All God's babies are marvelous!

Shalom,
Rose

OP
F

FishFan

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!!! So, my baby orange orphan sure is starting to look like a baby swordie! Time will tell, but the mystery of HOW will always remain. I don't know when male swords get their tails, so as of now, this one looks like a female. I'll keep ya'll posted best as I can Until then-TAKE CARE!!!

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
FishFan Congratulations on your baby girl. It's so wonderful and you must be so happy. I love babies! Wish you and the baby all that is best in this world, as well as lots of health and happiness And of course a safe delivery and as painless one as possible! ( Although I know it always hurts! But that's part of nature and it pays off in the end ) So, good luck to you and the little girl! God Bless

OP
F

FishFan

Reaction score
Re: Ugh-what is this?--UPDATE

Well-as the orphan orangy appeared-it's disappeared!!! *shrug* No ****' idea...but, I was mad! > I was waiting to see what the heck it was! All my other fry are just as good as always! Dang orangy! hehe :

New Threads