Ugh-what is this?

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by FishFan, Jan 11, 2006.

1. FishFanValued MemberMember

OK-yes, I've been SO busy and I'm sorry. I have a really weird thing I need help figuring out. On Dec. 10th, my female plain guppy had babies. Well, I put in the tank divider and they're growing like weeds! There is only 7 remaining and I put a small (now grown into a monster) apple snail in there to clean up and it's worked out beautifully. Well-here's what's happened...2 nights ago, I'm close up to the tank, watching my babies when I notice a teenie, tiny orange colored baby on the bottom-the size of a newborn! BUT-it's so little & orange. Now, how the heck did it get in there & what the heck is it?!?!?!?!?! Nothing really surprises me with these dang fish, but this one did! I have 3 female swordies, 2 of which looked pregnant, but don't anymore-think I missed those :( I'm bummed, I want swordie babies!!! Anyhow-I didn't put the female swordies in a breeder box because it freaks them out so bad, so I just left them. I looked for any way a baby swordie could get in where the other babies are, but I don't see a way. My guppy babies are a clearish-yellowish color, but this tiny baby is orange! Any clues would be helpful.

P.S. I have 3 more months to go and It's a GIRL!!!  :eek:  ;D Miss you all & think of you all often-just so busy!!! Hope all your holidays were superb! :D Mine was OK.  :-\

2. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Hey its so good to hear from you!!! Yay a Girl :D
    I don't know about your divider but mine looks tight but I put baby guppys on one side and the next morning had babies on both sides, so since its so tiny maybe its a baby swordie that escaped to teh other side. Keep us posted as it grows and let us know what it is :D
    Carol

3. Miss MouseWell Known MemberMember

Wierd and rather exciting ;D And a baby girl!!! WOWEEEEEE :D

4. chickadee

chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

Maybe the little one was lonesome :). Congratulations on your little girl. I hope everything works out well on both fronts - fish and human. All God's babies are marvelous!

Shalom,
    Rose
    :D

5. OP
    OP
    F

FishFanValued MemberMember

Thanks everyone!!! :D So, my baby orange orphan sure is starting to look like a baby swordie! Time will tell, but the mystery of HOW will always remain. I don't know when male swords get their tails, so as of now, this one looks like a female. I'll keep ya'll posted best as I can :) Until then-TAKE CARE!!!

6. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

So nice to hear from you :D
    Carol

7. Isabella

IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

FishFan :) Congratulations on your baby girl. It's so wonderful and you must be so happy. I love babies! Wish you and the baby all that is best in this world, as well as lots of health and happiness :) And of course a safe delivery and as painless one as possible! ( Although I know it always hurts! But that's part of nature and it pays off in the end :) ) So, good luck to you and the little girl! God Bless :)

8. OP
    OP
    F

FishFanValued MemberMember

Re: Ugh-what is this?--UPDATE

Well-as the orphan orangy appeared-it's disappeared!!! *shrug* No ' idea...but, I was mad! :mad: I was waiting to see what the heck it was! All my other fry are just as good as always! Dang orangy! hehe ::)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice