types genetics Help

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by broncosno1, Mar 20, 2010.

1. b

broncosno1 New Member Member

here are my ladies,

mm which of these would you mate OZZY my crowntail. i took these pictures. they are not the best. but good luck.

firefly, im guessing is a red? i have two more like her. i really like this look. dont know if it is desirable in the gene pool. midnight MY favorite female :-( the darker one is iimpossible to breed. im getting really sad with her. every attempt lands her in the lame and limp quarintine healing up from wounds with no successful spawn. tiger the striped one has two stripes that run from head to tail she has a LITTLE bit of violet near the end of her tail. mint caught my eye she is the green one. i never saw a green betta in any pet store ever before so i had to have her.

id like to lean toward tails with semi circles such as halfmoons crowntails or rose tails.

Attached Files:

2. bassbonediva

bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

I don't know about genetics, but Tiger looks like she's seriously stressed. My girls only ever look like that when they're majorly stressed out (like my light blue, Esme, who is in iso being treated for cotton mouth right now :( ).

I like your little cambodian female, though. She looks like my Victoria. Just eye-balling it, I'd put her with Ozzy.

3. OP
    OP
    b

tiger always looks like that. why i got her from the store. I try and find thing that are unique that catch the eye. those stripes with the tad of violet had me. the "camodian"? is the red? firefly?

4. bassbonediva

The white body with the red fins. That coloring is called cambodian. I don't have any good pics of Victoria or I'd show you. :p

Like this, though:  

PS-All my girls are cup babies too (from Petsmart and Petco...my Walmart doesn't sell bettas anymore. Thank goodness!).

5. OP
    OP
    b

yeah....that look really appeals to me. thank you. thats one type down.

6. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I wonder if Tiger is a wild type, with those stripes.
    Either that or I agree with bassbonediva about her being stressed.

7. bassbonediva

You might have something there, Lucy. Her body shape is closer to the wild types I've seen than to a "normal" female betta splendens. Hmmmmmm...

8. OP
    OP
    b

she caught my eye just as most of my boys and girls did at one time....the stripes the tiny shade of violet...never saw her kind before. so if she is more a "wild" type.....thats good? i mean id be lead to think her genes should be at ground zero for me to manipulate? the old lady is hogging the pc and i did confirm with the writings someone provided on another of my males....i have rescued a dalmation. i wanna get his pic up and my other boys too

9. FishVixen

FishVixen Valued Member Member

I really love tiger! She just appears to me as not to have a gene pool that you never know what you'll get. When I breed (back in the 70's) I usually choose a female that was wild or looked as close to wild as possible. They seemed to be healthier and survived breeding with few injuries.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice