Type Of Oscar

Iluvfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
816C01A6-33B1-41BC-B174-3241D51BE155.jpeg
Can anyone by chance tel me what type of Oscar I have? I bought it but it was simply labeled “oscar” ive been waiting to see if colors pop up, and they have over a few months but he has like black top and somewhat reddish orange other half. I was told tiger Oscars are like striped so what in the world is this? Lol

Attachments

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks like a red oscar. Live or frozen foods might bring out the color a bit more.

Guppykid101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Iluvfishies said:
View attachment 441995 Can anyone by chance tel me what type of Oscar I have? I bought it but it was simply labeled “oscar” ive been waiting to see if colors pop up, and they have over a few months but he has like black top and somewhat reddish orange other half. I was told tiger Oscars are like striped so what in the world is this? Lol
This is definitely just a red oscar with the black coming further down its sides, actually quite a cool pattern that I've never seen before.

Iluvfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Guppykid101 said:
This is definitely just a red oscar with the black coming further down its sides, actually quite a cool pattern that I've never seen before.
Well thanks haha I want to try to put another Oscar with him or her. Idk how to actually sex this one tbh.

Guppykid101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Iluvfishies said:
Well thanks haha I want to try to put another Oscar with him or her. Idk how to actually sex this one tbh.
I'm not sure either, however I'd be cautious, depending on the oscar there could be some aggression between the two of them regardless of gender. How big is your tank?

Iluvfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Guppykid101 said:
I'm not sure either, however I'd be cautious, depending on the oscar there could be some aggression between the two of them regardless of gender. How big is your tank?
75gallon. Will be upgrading to 125 soon fx4 filter

Iluvfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Mike1995 said:
if those are live plants, i wouldn't put another Oscar. They're known for"redecorating".
No they’re fake and I actually removed them a few days ago, he started pulling on them.

Guppykid101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Iluvfishies said:
75gallon. Will be upgrading to 125 soon fx4 filter
Yeah you should definitely be fine having 2 oscars in the 125, just don't discount their impending adult size. As Mike said, you'll be pretty limited as to what else you could put in with them. Good for you for being a responsible oscar owner though!:emoji_thumbsup:

Iluvfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Guppykid101 said:
Yeah you should definitely be fine having 2 oscars in the 125, just don't discount their impending adult size. As Mike said, you'll be pretty limited as to what else you could put in with them. Good for you for being a responsible oscar owner though!:emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks! It’s been an “upgrade of an experience “ per say haha. Gone from 29-55-75-125 soon xD you think I’ll have any luck with one other fish in there with him at the moment? Or probably not a good idea? Haha xD

Iluvfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Not to mention does a Oscar need a crazy filter system. Here’s mine xD dirty little cute fellers.
27BABD01-4079-4788-B59B-5542A54C93BC.jpeg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom